WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Thomas Lord: Cloaked Chapter 14

        Todd opened his eyes still holding Blair and realized it had been a dream free night. She really had held the monsters at bay. His hand untangled from her tresses and she snuggled closer slowly awakening. He looked down into her eyes as they focused on him. "Good morning and thank you."

       Blair shifted up onto her arm and a smile lit her face "You're welcome. Anytime you need me, I'm right here." she leaned forward and kissed him, sitting up she wrapped the sheet around her and started to get out of bed. "I've got a lot to do today. Momma and I have to check out the schools around here where the boys can go temporarily, and Starr will need someone to watch Hope while she checks out the University."

       Todd grabbed her arm, "Blair, wait, I need to tell you something."

       Blair sat back down and gave him her attention, "This has to do with your visit to Kym yesterday doesn't it?"

       "When I went see Kym I found out she was poisoned," he saw Blair's alarm and spoke quickly to reassure her. " She's alive, but they're unsure who poisoned her or how. They've increased the guard to make sure another attempt doesn't happen. Blair, I figure Daimler got to her somehow because when she awoke she was terrified again, and unwilling to talk. I think he found a way to remind her that she was his property."

      "Todd is she really safe, surely there's some way to get her out on bail and out of his grasp." Blair ran a hand through her hair trying to think.

       "I'm doing all I can Blair, but if Daimler or his partners find out I'm the reporter writing about them; then all of you, not just Kym, will be in danger. Only a few of his men saw me that night, Sid is the one I worry about because I'm pretty sure he heard Kym call me Tom. Still, I think Sid believes I'm working for the Feds or something and he hasn't linked me to the Thomas Lord who wrote the article.

      "Todd, you're seeing Kym as Tom, what if Gregor finds out. He's probably been in contact with his men and knows about the Tom that took down Sid."

       "That's true, but I'm guessing Sid didn't tell his boss he was taken out by a blind guy in his forties. He would have led his boss to believe I was some sort of operative. The Tom who has been visiting his niece in the hospital is a middle-aged man who seems pretty mild-mannered. I'm counting on Gregor just believing it's a coincidence both men are named Tom. As for Thomas Lord, he's never been seen, so he's the question mark in this puzzle. There again, I don't think Gregor would consider a reporter trouble, so he's going to be on the lookout for the 'Tom' Sid talked about. We both know 'that' Tom only comes out when pushed so Gregor won't find him easily." Todd stared ahead remembering his rage at the attack on Kym. The men responsible for hurting Kym would one day know that rage.

          Blair recalled the "Tom" who took down Sid, she knew he wasn't sweet young Tom, Todd's Alter, rather he was that part of Todd that had recently made an appearance again courtesy of his revenge against Hesser. No, this Tom was cold and ruthless to those he found worthy of his fury. Sid, who had threatened Kym and the girls had incurred Tom's wrath and suffered the consequences. She looked over at Todd and saw his eyes turn cold for just a minute, and she shivered as once again she remembered her encounter with that man.

       Out of the corner of his eye, Todd saw that shiver and turned to her "What's the matter, Blair?"

       "It's nothing Todd, old memories resurfacing. Are you sure 'that' Tom is under control? I would understand if you're having a problem with this latest news about Kym. Please tell me if I can help you."

       Todd leaned over and pulled her into his kiss, "You've already helped me and believe me I'll continue to need your help I'm sure of it."

        Blair lets the sheet drop and Todd embraced her and let her know just how much he appreciated her help.

        Todd and Blair finally rolled out of bed and got ready for their day. A little knock at their bedroom door came as a surprise and Todd opened it to find Sam and Hope looking up at him. "Well to what do we owe the honor of two such fine guests knocking at the dragon's door."

        Sam quietly said. "Grandma told us to get you, breakfast has been delivered," he turned and took Hope's hand and walked away.

         Todd frowned. Sam wasn't his usual perky self and Todd hated to see it. Jake had been turning into a pretty decent guy as the influence of the implants had been wearing off. Sam was too young to lose his dad. Todd knew he was going to have to get in touch with John and figure out how he was going to get into Llanview and testify, without alerting the assassins. He had to make sure Hesser was put away for a long time.

         He and Blair joined the rest of the family at breakfast and the talk turned to finding a school for Jack and Sam. Jack immediately voiced his objection, saying they had thought they were on vacation for a little while, and now all of a sudden he had to think of school. Todd stared down Jack and he got quiet. "Jack, I know a lot has happened in the last few months and a lot of it has been traumatic, to say the least, but both your mom and I feel you need some structure in your life right now something normal and mundane, a school will fill that bill nicely. You, your Mom, and grandmother will go looking at schools today. While we're here, we're going to live as normal a life as possible and that includes a school for you and your brother. Do you understand?" Todd looked at his son and Jack's eyes fell first. " Good, now that that's settled, I need to make some phone calls. I'll be here when you all return." Todd got up and headed back into the bedroom, he needed the privacy when he talked to Nora and John.

        He hadn't been gone long when Jack exploded at his mom. "Mom how come you're letting him call the shots, he just came back in your life and he was the one who walked off and left us in the first place."

       "Enough Jack, he's your father and you're going to abide by what he says and I agree with him. You were spoiled and indulged far too long by Walker and you took advantage of your status to bully another boy who lost his mother because of your thoughtlessness. I know you're sorry it happened, but you also allowed Walker to get you out of trouble. I regret Walker's death, I know he meant a great deal to you but in reality, he handled everything badly."

        Jack opened his mouth to speak and Blair stopped him before he started. "You know in your heart I'm right about Walker. Todd is your real father and it is his right to help raise you as much as it is mine. He was deprived of that right by Carlo Hesser and Ivan Kipling. You have no idea what your father has been through, you've only heard parts of his story. I know every scary and horrifying detail and I'm telling you now, you will give him the respect he deserves as your father. I know the reasons behind his abrupt departure and I know he never intended to hurt any of us. The problem with your father is that he loves us more than himself and he figured his leaving was better for us than his staying. Now go get ready to go out. I want to leave in the next half hour."

       As she watched Jack enter his room, she found herself hurting for both Todd and Jack. They both had a long way to go to get their relationship back on track. Jack really had felt betrayed when Todd had left without so much as a goodbye. She glanced at her other son and noticed how quiet he was. Usually, Sam was one who talked a lot at breakfast. "Sam are you okay?"

        Sam looked up at her. "Mom, can Dad come back like Samuel?"

       Blair's eyes filled with tears. "No Sam, I'm afraid your dad won't be able to come back. But Samuel promised me he wouldn't go away again and he'll keep that promise. He's here for you to talk to when you miss your dad, Sam." She got up and walked around the table to hug her little boy. "Sam you still have all of us here too. Now let's go get ready and we'll go check out a new school for you too." She took his hand and they went to his room to get ready.

       On her way to her own room to get ready. Addie stopped to knock at Todd's door. Todd answered, puzzled to find Addie outside."Addie, what can I do for you?"

       "Todd, I'd to talk to you about your article in today's paper. but I know you said you were going to be making some phone calls. So I thought maybe we could find a time to talk when Blair and I get back with the boys."

      Todd had been distracted at breakfast enjoying the children and family around him he had forgotten all about the article. He wondered why Addie would want to talk about it, not that it mattered, he had been wanting some alone time with Addie to ask her about Gregor anyway. "Addie, I'd like to talk to you about that article and something else too. When you and Blair get back, you'll have my undivided attention."

       Addie smiled "Good, I think a talk between us is long overdue."

        Todd realized just how true that statement was, as he watched Addie return to her room. There were a lot of things long overdue.

       Todd walked over to his computer and brought up the latest articles on the Hesser /Kipling case. He frowned as he realized John was right, Hesser was making headway with his poor me game and he had managed to plant a few good hits against the Llanview Police Department on his treatment by them the morning he was arrested.

       Todd had put in a call to Nora right before Addie had knocked. He had been informed the DA was in Philadelphia for the day. Obviously, her son wasn't any better. Todd wondered if Nora was up to taking on Hesser and Kipling with everything on her plate. He prayed she would recuse herself before letting the two of them get the better of her.

        Reaching for his phone he rang up John. "It's me, the family is here, any hits on the pictures Cassie sent you."

        "'Bout time you called, I expected a call yesterday, of course, once I received Cassie's photos, I figured they arrived okay. So nice of you to check in."

         Todd smiled, John was being his usual acerbic self. "Hey sorry, I was otherwise occupied yesterday. Well,... what about the pictures? Were the Feds able to find some of them in their files."

        "Relax man, they managed to pick up a number of them today. We know there are more still unaccounted for and the shooter is still out there, so don't let down your guard." John knew it was time to bring Todd home. Now they needed to discuss how they were going to accomplish that with the killer still in town. "I've been talking to Bo, he and Nora agree we want you to come in, give your testimony in a closed session and then we'll whisk you out of town. We'll fly you into Pine Valley and I'll meet you. Nora will be with me and go over your testimony before you go to court. All the preliminary work has been done. They've been picking jurors for the last two days. Because of Todd Manning's death, the Judge has agreed to the closed session to protect you. Can you be ready for a flight early tomorrow?"

        Todd was dismayed the court date was already set. He had hoped to have a little more time with the family before heading to Llanview, but he knew this trial needed to be completed. He was prepared for whatever the defense would ask him and he prayed his body would be up for it. After his talk with Amos, he hoped he could get through the testimony without another incident. "I'll be ready. John, I just have one favor, is Michael still in town? I'm not sure I should be asking this, but I think I might want to have Michael on hand just in case."

        "What's going on Todd, is there a problem concerning the implants we should know about?"

       "I can't say, but I think we should err on the safe side. Let's just say I'm cautious." Todd wrote down the info about the flight and started packing for a short trip. With everyone gone for a while, he decided to remove the ring and adjust to his blindness once more. He was determined to appear in court without the aid of the implants. Todd wanted the jurors to see exactly the condition he had been left in, courtesy of Carlo Hesser and Ivan Kipling's machinations.

        It was a bit of a jolt to suddenly lose his sight. He had been wearing the ring nonstop for the last several days. He had forgotten that sense of vulnerability it left him with. Thank God he had decided to go without the ring for awhile. He needed this time to regroup and remember his training, then he remembered something else. It took him a minute to find his phone and call Blair. "Blair I need you to pick up a new cane for me. No, I've taken the ring off. I need to get readjusted to my blindness, I have to testify tomorrow....I know I wasn't expecting it either, but John's sending the plane for me. I need that cane to get around. Please, we'll talk later when you get back. You knew this was coming." Blair argued just a little longer and then agreed to get him a cane.

         After hanging up, Todd went to work going through his practice sessions relearning how to maneuver with his limited sight. He had been working for a little more than an hour and soon was maneuvering around the room with ease. He left the room and headed for the kitchen when suddenly he was hit with nausea and dizziness, he stumbled against a chair fighting to keep his breakfast down. Todd sat down abruptly in the chair. He felt flushed all of a sudden and then chilled. He thought the infection was under control and this felt different from the fever he had sustained with the infection. He tried to get up and continue his walk to the kitchen but the dizziness made him topple over and he went down. It didn't help to close his eyes, everything still spun. Again his stomach lurched and he struggled to his knees, going he hoped, toward the bedroom. Todd collapsed, he couldn't figure out which direction he was moving in the dizziness was so bad. He clutched his head and laid where he fell unable to move any farther.

       Blair opened the door to the suite and found Todd lying paces from the kitchen. "God Todd what happened. Momma, get me a wet cloth." she knelt down beside him, he was shivering and unaware she was there.

       "Mom, what's the matter with him? " asked Jack

        "I don't know Jack, he's been ill maybe he's had a relapse. I want you to help me get him to the bedroom." Jack helped his mom and they managed to get Todd lifted and supported between them. "Sam go open the door for us." Sam ran and opened the bedroom door and Blair and Jack got Todd to the bed.

         Addie handed Blair the wet cloth and decided the boys needed to give Blair some space. "Come over here boys and give your mom room. I'm sure Todd's going to be alright." she silently hoped she was telling the boys the truth. Todd looked terrible.

        Blair mopped his brow and noticed the shivering was lessening. Slowly his eyes opened, they didn't focus and after a moment he closed them again. "God, I feel like I was turned inside out and wrung out to dry."

      "Todd tell me what happened." Blair was worried, his shirt was wet from sweat and yet he had been shivering when they found him, she didn't know if he had had some sort of heart attack or if the infection was back. There had been no signs he was getting ill again. "Tell me what happened."

      Todd started to roll over but stopped himself as his world shifted for just a moment. He covered his eyes and told Blair what had occurred before he passed out.

      "If you've fallen ill again, Todd, you can't possibly go back to Llanview and testify. We need to call Nora and have her ask for a postponement." Even as she said the words, she knew what his answer was going to be.

     He opened his eyes. "Blair, hand me the ring."

     Blair reached for the ring Todd had placed on the nightstand and gave it to Todd. He slipped it on his finger and a jolt ran through him. As his vision cleared and he looked at Blair, his stomach settled down and he found himself feeling better. "Blair whatever it was, it's passing I'm feeling better already."

     "Todd, I don't like this you were passed out and that is not alright. You said you had been practicing maneuvering without the use of the ring when you decided to go get a drink in the kitchen is that correct. Then as you neared the kitchen you got dizzy and nauseous. Why didn't you stop and take it easy?"

    "That's just it Blair, I did. But when I got up to continue into the kitchen the dizziness and nausea increased and I felt losing my sense of direction. I couldn't stop the feelings of nausea and my head was spinning out of control, I collapsed where you found me. I don't understand it any more than you do." Todd sat up and was surprised to find the dizziness gone. "Really Blair, everybody, I'm alright."

      Blair frowned, something had happened to Todd and the more she thought about it the more she worried it had something to do with the damn implants. Everything happened after he had removed his ring. Now he was showing no signs of feeling the worse for wear and the only thing that had changed was that he had put the ring back on. Still, he said he had worked for over an hour with the ring off and had gotten back into the swing of not seeing without any trouble. If it wasn't the ring what could have caused the problem. "I don't like this Todd and I'm going with you tomorrow. No, don't even say it. Momma and the kids are safe here. I'm sticking to you like glue until we return here safe and sound."

       After agreeing to allow Blair to accompany him to Llanview, Todd informed the boys and Addie about the next day. Jack was upset they were both leaving, but when he found out it was because Todd was going to testify against the man responsible for Walker's death, he gave them his blessing but asked that they hurried home. After assuring both boys they intended to be back as soon as possible, Addie took the boys out of the room. Todd then turned to face Blair.

      "Okay let's hear it. You're still thinking about what happened to me, aren't you? I can't explain it, but I'm really fine."

      "You're not fine. In the last nine months since I found you, you've been a one man walking disaster movie. You've been shot, poisoned, had seizures and almost killed by artificial implants that have been in your head for eight years. Because of them, your heart is permanently damaged, you've lost your sight and you've died. What in God's name makes you think you're all right?"

       Todd stared at his wife as she was running down the list of his ailments and couldn't help himself, damn if she wasn't right, he was a disaster movie. The thought was so out there, he couldn't help himself and he started laughing.

      "Stop laughing, it's not funny," she walked to him getting angry, he was laughing and she was scared to death. She pushed him. "Stop laughing!"

        Todd couldn't help himself the absurdity of the whole situation was just too much. He backed up, grabbing her hands when he realized she was going to hit him. "Hey, I'm not laughing at you. But you've got to admit from my perspective, everything you just said is hilarious," he grinned at her, watching her get even more riled. She was a regular spitfire when she got mad, it made her eyes sparkle and she would get breathless, she was quite a sight. "That's me you know, it's been my whole life, 'Todd Manning the Disaster'. "

        Blair stopped at his words and couldn't help herself when he said it like that, it was funny. She wanted to stay mad, but she couldn't. "OOOh, Damn it, " she chuckled "Now you've got me doing it."

       Todd pulled her into his arms, "I know you're worried but let's just face these days one at a time. We'll figure out what caused the problem, I'm sure we will."

      Blair put her hands on his shoulders "Todd, I'm worried the implants are the cause of this latest problem, but I can't figure out how they could be since they're removed. What if something happens tomorrow when you're testifying? I won't be in the courtroom, only essential personnel will be there."

      "I've got that covered, I've asked John to have Michael on hand just in case there is a problem. I've already begun to think the implants might still be messing with me. I had an incident the other day in Amos's office." At that, he sat her down and told her what occurred when he started to tell his story to Amos. Blair was frowning when he spoke of the ring zapping the back of his head where the pain had started. She recalled her chat with Michael about the possibility of something left behind in Todd's brain. If that was the case then Todd was looking at more surgery. Blair decided to make sure she had a chat with Michael when they arrived in Llanview.

       They spent the next hour packing and strategizing their return to Llanview and how they were getting in and out. Later with Blair around, Todd removed the ring again and practiced with the cane Blair had brought home. He had put the ring back in the pouch around his neck deciding to keep both implants handy just in case. He had no more trouble the rest of the day whether he was wearing the ring or not.

      That evening Cassie joined them at the hotel and brought the pictures of the men she took in Paris. Everybody was given a good look at them to make sure they would recognize them if they saw them anywhere around town. Cassie, Addie, and Starr promised to keep the boys out of trouble for the next couple of days.

      While Cassie, Blair, and the kids caught up on family matters, Addie and Todd headed to her terrace for a little chat. They sat down looking out at the ocean for a few minutes then Addie spoke. "Blair told me all about you a long time ago and I knew then there was something about you that attracted my baby girl to you. I vaguely remember her telling me how she was going to marry you and everything was going to be alright. Then I met you and I admit you frightened me. You were so fierce looking and so serious. I worried that Blair had made a mistake, but then she would come and see me and you were all she would talk about. You were making her happy. I could see that, and when we met again at Dorian's party I saw that you really loved my little girl."

      Addie stopped and Todd looked at her. She smiled and went on. "You promised me one night you would give her the world and shower her with gold. I know you tried to keep that promise and I know that life has taken a lot out of you over the years. When the doctors found a medicine that enabled me to rejoin normal life, I had a chance to finally get to know my son-in-law. I read up on you and found out your whole story. I was alarmed when I found out about the rape and it brought a lot of memories to the surface for me, memories I had kept buried a long time. I pushed my memories away because they didn't have anything to do with you and I tried to see you with Blair's eyes. What I saw was a man who had done a terrible wrong but I also saw a man who over the years since that wrong, had worked hard to redeem himself. I liked that man."

      "What about now Addie, do you still like that man?"

       "I see a different man now. I see a man who can't forgive himself and one who is driven by something dangerous. I'm worried about that man and my daughter is too. Todd, I know about demons. They haunt your dreams and can steal your life away. I lost myself for a long time. Now I'm able to see life for the gift it is and I'm enjoying it to the fullest. When you are with Blair or your children I see the man my daughter loves. I love you, Todd, I want you to be happy, like my Blair. You make her happy, and she can do the same for you."

        Todd had always felt a little uncomfortable around Addie when she was at St. Ann's, he had never been sure just how much Addie really understood from day to day, but he had known she loved Blair and her grandkids. It had been a shock when he had seen her for the first time walking and acting like any other sane person. Now as he listened to her, he realized that even when she had been in St. Ann's, she had seen through him. She was still as perceptive now as then. When she told him she loved him, it touched his heart. She considered him family right along with his children and Blair. Somewhere down the line, he had come to love her too. It was because of her that he and Blair had been blest with Starr. That one night had turned his life around more than any other.

       "Addie you mean a great deal to me. I really am trying to do as you told me the other night, I'm trying to let Blair help me. I know you're right about the demons but they've been dragging at me for a long time and some days it's a real struggle. Blair is my lifeline and I'm holding onto her. I love her a great deal but you know that." Todd debated bringing up the subject of Daimler. Addie had already stated that she had memories she didn't want to explore. He didn't want to hurt her but he needed the answer for Blair.

       "You told me this morning you had read my article. What did you think about it." Todd hoped by bringing up the article, he could direct the conversation to Daimler without hurting Addie.

        "Your article was a very interesting one and I really felt for the victims you described Todd, but there is something about this story that has something to do with the danger I sense in you. What is it about this, that has touched a nerve? Are you feeling guilty because of the rape you committed all those years ago?"

         "Addie you're still spot on when it comes to having it on the ball. My past has a lot to do with this story. I changed the life of my victim and I look at these girls and it's like looking at my sin multiplied."

         "But Todd, you're not responsible for their plight, in fact, you're doing everything possible to change their lives, give yourself a little credit.  The men behind this ring are the ones who need to pay. Some of them were caught and I'm sure those men will get what's coming to them but don't let them force you into their game. It's not worth it."

        "I hear you, Addie, the problem is one girl's life has touched close to home. I need to ask you something and this could bring up some of those memories you said you didn't want to revisit. if you want to stop this conversation here tell me, Addie." He reached into his pocket for Daimler's picture, now it was up to Addie.

       Addie wondered what Todd wanted to ask her that might bother her. She shrugged "I won't know if it bothers me, till you tell me. Go ahead, Todd."

        Todd felt uncomfortable just thinking about what he was getting ready to ask Addie to remember. He opened the picture of Gregor and handed it to Addie. "Do you by any chance recognize this man?"

        She took the picture and studied the man in it, there was something familiar about him but she couldn't ever remember seeing him before. "He looks a little familiar but I don't think I've ever met the man. Does he have a name?"

        "His first name is Gregor. That doesn't ring a bell, but you say he seems familiar. Addie, his whole name is Gregor Daimler." Todd let the name sink in and waited. He didn't want to influence her memory, it was important that she remember him on her own.

       Addie sat there gazing at the picture and Todd's words sunk in. His name was Daimler. She began remembering another man named Daimler, he was young and beautiful but he scared her. She remembered a night when he made her feel things. It had been strange, she hadn't known what to do that night. She had wanted to stop him, but she had also wanted the things he was doing to her. She remembered crying because she thought she was being bad. He had laughed and kept making her feel strange. Then when he was finished that night he had told her she was a good girl. Addie recalled being afraid what the ones in charge would say if she told them about him, so she had kept quiet. He had come to her a couple more times and each time she had cried thinking it was wrong, but she was unable to stop him. The more she asked him to stop the more he kept doing things to her.

       She became sick and the doctors were always whispering around her. But the young man stopped coming to her and then someone told her, she was going to have a baby. She remembered wondering if the reason the beautiful boy had stopped coming was because she had gotten sick. Addie thought he must have found her ugly as she got bigger with the baby. It had been hard and painful to have a baby, but they let her hold her beautiful baby. She had named her beautiful girl Blair. The doctors were surprised at her beautiful girl. She had asked about her beautiful boy right before her baby was born and the nurses told her he had left. She was sad and wished he had been around, she had wanted to show off her little girl. Maybe if he had seen the baby he might have come back to her. But he never came back and they took her beautiful girl from her.  Her little girl found her years later and took Addie from the place she had been most of her life. Then Blair had taken her to St. Anns and they had been good to her there.

       Now she knew that Blair's father had been that beautiful boy and she knew he had raped her, but a small part of her had loved that boy, and she would never give up her Blair. Addie looked at the picture in her hands and saw that beautiful boy again. Her eyes filled with tears.

        Todd saw her tears and knelt down next to her. "Addie I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause you any pain, forgive me for asking you to look at the picture."

        Addie looked at her son-in-law and realized he had misunderstood the tears. "Todd, I'm not crying because my memories are hurtful. I'm crying because you gave me back my memories. This man is Blair's father but my memories of him aren't bad. I know what he did to me was called rape. But that was because I didn't understand the act. I know he took advantage of me but you need to know he never really hurt me. I didn't understand me back then, and what he did to me scared me because I didn't know how I was supposed to feel, but he also made me feel so wonderful and I didn't know how to tell him. Most of all you need to understand that he gave me the most precious gift I ever got. He gave me Blair." A tear dropped from her eye and trailed down her cheek but she smiled at Todd.

      Todd reached up and wiped the tear from her cheek, he couldn't find it in himself to tell her that Gregor was behind the slave ring. She had answered his question and he wouldn't spoil her memories. Gregor had taken advantage of a young girl and then he had twisted the power that he had gotten from his use of her and turned it into something ugly. He would handle Gregor. Addie was too dear to Blair and to him, to let Gregor hurt her. When the time was right and if he could get Kim free of Gregor then they might let Addie know what he had become, but it wouldn't be tonight.

       "Thank you for telling me, Addie. I'm glad I didn't hurt you showing you the picture." Todd took the picture and put it away.

        "Todd, you were afraid of hurting me and that means that Gregor has done something. I know you're not going to tell me what he has done and tonight I'm grateful. I appreciate what you've given me tonight. I don't want to spoil it. But I'm no longer fragile and there will come a time when I'll ask you what Gregor has done. I expect you to tell me when I ask. Promise."

         "Addie when the time is right I'll tell you everything you ask. I promise but this isn't the time. You remember your beautiful little girl tonight." Todd kissed her cheek and left her to her good memories.


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!