WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Monday, May 26, 2014

The Mysterious Samuel Toddman AKA Todd Manning Chapter 1

Book 1, The Mysterious Samuel Toddman AKA Todd Manning

It was a cold day in January. Down a cobbled street in Paris, a taxi pulled up to the front of a small Art Gallery . Two people stepped out.

Blair looked uncomfortably at Christian and said, "Are you sure this is the right place? It doesn't look like much."

"This is the address the concierge at the hotel gave us. Let's go in . Maybe someone inside can help us find this guy."replied Christian.

"Alright but it doesn't look promising."

Christian paid the cabby then followed Blair to the door. Blair tried the door, it was open, so she gingerly stepped inside. Amazed she looked around. Although not much to look at on the outside, inside the gallery was very upscale. Clearly a very select clientele frequented this Gallery.

“Hello? Hmm. There doesn’t appear to be anyone around at the moment.”said Blair. As they looked around, Blair suddenly stopped moving and Christian nearly mowed her down..She was staring at the far wall.

"What? What did you stop for?" as he said this Blair's arm went up and pointed. Christian followed her gaze and he too was stunned. There on the far wall was another portrait of Blair.

Blair moved quickly to the other wall. "I don't understand...who's painting me and how does he know me?" The painting was a full length picture of a long haired Blair sitting atop a magnificent stallion. She appeared clothed in nothing more than a black silk shirt and she looked as if she was about to take off on a long ride into the clouds that surrounded her. Christian and Blair studied the portrait looking for the Artist’s name but once again it was smudged and unreadable, and this time the date was 2005. Whoever was painting these might still be around. Blair again looked for someone to talk to, someone they could ask about the new painting and the one Eli left her. From behind Blair came a discreet cough. Blair gasped and turned abruptly.

"Excuse me. I didn't mean to frighten you. Is there something I can help you with?" There in front of Blair stood an elegant woman looking like she was very at ease in the Gallery.

Blair cleared her throat "Ahem, That's alright, I was just unnerved by this painting. Tell me do you know the Artist?"

"Oh my! I'm afraid I don't. That portrait was put on display by the owner of the Gallery...but surely you know the artist? It is a picture of you? True?" said the woman
.
Blair looked uncomfortable "I ...I can't say..I don't know who's painting me!”

Christian seeing Blair's discomfort turned and asked the woman. "Excuse me but is the owner here by any chance?"

"Tomas should be here soon." just then the bell at the door rang.."Ah Here he is now."

Blair and Christian turned to face the door as a tall, handsome and very distinguished gentleman entered.

"Tomas, Darling, These people would like to ask you a question about your portrait here." at that the woman turned and left the room.

As Tomas approached. he took a look at the woman standing in front of the portrait and smiled. He walked over to Blair, took her hand, and kissed it..saying,"It is a privilege to meet the inspiration of that portrait, I've been waiting to meet you since your first painting came to my Gallery."

Stunned, Blair didn’t know what to say. Finally, she found her voice. As she took back her hand Blair said "Well thank you Mr.Tomas, but you see I'm very confused...I never sat for any paintings and I need your help."

"Please, it's just "Tomas" and how can I be of service to such a lovely lady." Tomas inquired."

"You see, we've come all the way from Llanview, Pennsylvania because we're trying to solve a mystery..My late husband left me a painting ...a painting of me but we can't make out the Artist's name and we're here because someone told us the artist might be found in Paris..Now I'm looking at another portrait of me, but again we can't make out the name of the artist. Your friend said that you put up the portrait in your gallery, so that means you know the artist. Right?"

"Yes I know the artist" said Tomas but before he could say anything else Blair interrupted "Oh Please, can you give us his name and where we can find him!"

" Oh My Dear, You misunderstand me... I know the artist but I don't know his name or where to find him, in fact, I myself have been looking for him for some time. You see, for a number of years he has brought me various paintings all of them with you as the subject. He brings them to me one at a time and collects anything I get for them the next time he comes. In fact my dear...But what is your name?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Blair Cramer and this is my friend Christian Vega. "

" Ah, as I was saying Ms. Cramer, I've been trying to find him because I have quite a bit of money for him. In the last 8 yrs, I've sold a number of his paintings...your paintings are highly sought after my dear." smiled Tomas

"But I don't understand, if you see him periodically surely you've asked his name? What does he look like? Can you tell me that?"

"This artist is a little eccentric to say the least..He always arranges to meet me alone at night in this gallery. When I asked his name the first time he said he didn't want to talk about it and if it was an issue he'd take his paintings elsewhere. The paintings he brought me were fantastic so I agreed to his terms, when I asked if I could turn the lights up he told me the light hurt his eyes so I've always kept the light dim when he is here.. I did catch a glimpse of his face once and he had a covering over the right side of it. I figured he had experienced some sort of Trauma and that is what made him so reclusive."

Blair looks helplessly at Christian."Now, what do we do?"

Tomas looked at Blair. "Perhaps you two would like to join me for lunch. Maybe we can put our heads together and figure out how to find our mysterious artist."

Christian turned to Blair. "Why don't you go to lunch Blair while I take care of some of my own business and we'll meet later at the hotel."

Blair looked at Christian and back to Tomas and decided to take a chance. "Alright," she said to Christian."You go take care of your items...Tomas I'd be happy to take you up on your offer." and she smiled.

Tomas beamed. "Excellent! Good Fortune smiles on me today. I'm to have lunch with a vision ..a mystery that has eluded me as long as our mysterious artist."

***
Meanwhile, in a garret not far from the gallery, a man stood in front of an easel.. He gently laid down a brush and stepped back to view his canvas. He ran his fingers through his long brown hair..." You are so beautiful in this light..I don't think I've ever loved you more than I do right now . But who are you? Why do you haunt me so?" he gazed at the painting of a woman lying in the arms of a man whose face was hidden by a curtain of hair, the moonlight shown on her face..her eyes and lips glistening in the light, "Who Are You?!" he asked again, turned and left the loft.

3 comments:

  1. Well I've finally finished reading book one. And I must say that I completely loved reading "The Mysterious Samuel Toddman"! It's been interesting to read this story centered around Todd having this new personality that helped Todd stay living/be protected the past 8 years. I enjoyed having his other personalities included too to help him answer the questions he needed answered. The story was really well written! I loved the epilogue with Todd, Blair, and Kelly! Lastly, I loved all the chapters/parts of chapters dedicated to Todd and Blair!:)I am completely hoping in the real show that RH Todd and Blair will be together in a relationship again(possibly married)by January(since we don't know how certain everything is going to work with the online/web version of OLTL)! I'm looking forward to reading book 2 of the story very much!! I just wish the show was going this way or something similar to this story. It would have been interesting to see on the show that Todd/TM actually developed a new personality because of the trauma that he had to go through 8 years ago in Victor Lord's grave. But it seems that before he came back to Llanview he was just catatonic for the past 8 years..Anyway I would start right now reading the second part, but I really can't. So I'm going to start as soon as I have a chance to!Love this story so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo good but wanted more to read. You can't stop in the middle of it, so now what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are 5 books so far in the Samual Toddman series. I'm still figuring out were to go after Don't Shoot the Messenger, but I'm glad you like the book

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!