WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Chasing the Monsters: 29 (mild adult)

Jack was sitting in the Llanfair library, on his phone with both thumbs. He was texting rapidly.

So, I'm going to go to work on Saturday.

Where?


The Sun.  With my father, when he gets back.  Of course, I'll be in the basement, being a copy boy.


I'm starting a college art class in 2 wks.


How?  You're not even out of high school?


Special program.  Some kind of college partnership.  Llanview U is offering it.


Are you staying here because of me?  I don't want that.


No.  I'm not.


Are you sure?


Yep.  xo xo <3


He wasn't sure he believed her.  Her dream was always to attend Yale University, and with his father willing to foot the bill, he couldn't think what her other reasons for not accepting would be.

You applied, right?  To Yale?

Yes.  U Kno I did.


And?


There was a very long pause.

I was accepted.


Huh?  Then why aren't you going?

I don't want 2 leave Lynnie.  She'll be all alone without me.  I don't want 2 owe ur father 160K either.

You don't owe him anything, he told you that.


Lynnie and I discussed it.  I will pay him back, someday.  I just can't right now.  Yale, I'd never be able to pay back most likely.


It's not a loan, Jenna, you know that.


I don't wanna talk about this.  :(


Why?


B/c I don't wanna fight.  Not with u.


Fight?  Why would we fight?


B/c if U bug me about this, then I am gonna wanna bug U about it, too.


Jack was surprised.  

Bug me about what?


???


There was a while without an answer.

Nothing.  NVM.


Come on Jenna, what the heck?


I have 2 go.  C U lata.  xo xo <3


He tossed his phone onto the couch and folded his arms over his chest.

***


"I think I . . . was probably losing it, Blair," he said, walking into their bedroom and placing their suitcases down.  "I don't know what I was thinking, going to the house, like that."


"It's all right.  After all, it's over now. We're home."


"When can we get the kids?"


She saw his longing for them in his eyes.  "Whenever you want."


"Unless, you want to, uh, spend the night alone first?  Or be on our own for a few hours?"


"I don't care, whatever you want, My Love."


"I want . . ." he sat down on the edge of the bed.  "I want them.  Home.  I want to hold my daughter."


"Then it's settled."  She went to the phone.  "Hello, Tina?  We're home.  We're sending a car around for the kids.  Were they good?  I'm glad.  We missed them. Jack can handle them in the car until they get here, and they'll have Williams.  Thanks."  She hung up.  "Well, there you go."


He didn't respond.


"Todd, where are you, because it's certainly not here?"


"Oh, I'm here.  I was just thinking about what's next.  I found out something new," he added, as an aside, "and the stuff with the police."  


"I did, too.  My aunt and Timothy are probably on the way back to each other, that's all.  Forgot to tell you that."


He smiled, and it soon grew to a larger grin.  "Hey, it worked?"


"It seems like it may have.  You matchmaker!"  She started unpacking.  "I spoke to your father about it, when we first arrived, and he really wants her back.  I told him that he has to let go of what she says, and think of what she does and who she is."


"Then he'll never go back," he said, teasingly.  He began to help empty the luggage.  "You really think they will?"


"Yep, probably."  
She knew what he was thinking.  "The kids are on their way home, all right?  Let's not do this, not tonight," she said, standing, and went to him, taking his hand in hers again.

"I know.  It's all about them, for tonight, and about you."


"Me?"


"Yeah, you, the only person on earth who understands me.  The only one who gets me, and who doesn't run when she sees."  He brushed her cheek with his free hand.  "The only one.  I'm sorry, for making you feel shut out.  I'd promised, and I  . . ."


"Don't," she said, putting a finger to his lips.  "We're past that."


He ran his fingers through her hair, and when they stopped and rested on the back of her head, she closed her eyes, knowing he would pull her mouth to his.  After the kiss ended, and their lips were almost still touching, he said, "Do we have enough time?"


"Yes, we have enough time."


"What if," he said, undoing her blouse, "I want to stay inside you all day and night?" He kissed her again, licking at her tongue with his.


She moaned, softly as he kissed her, and ran his hand in the space between her breasts, resting on her stomach, running his thumb along her nipple, against the black and fuchsia lace of her bra.  His hand continued to slide across her back, and he undid the clasp.  She fell free, and he moved his large hands over both of her breasts, massaging them.  He moved his tongue back into her mouth, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, still softly groaning into his lips.  


Within minutes, with her eyes closed, she felt the bed against her back, and the pressure and weight of his beautiful body on hers, and she softly said, "Love you, so much," and lifted her knees to let him inside her.


***


"Daddy and Mommy are home,"  Ray said in his booster seat in the back of the limo.  Jewel, in her rear-facing one, and Sam, buckled in since he recently passed the height restriction, all looked to Jack for an answer. 


"Ray's right.  They are."  Jack said.


"Yay!"  Sam cheered.  


Jewel clapped her hands together.


"They are, and we're going to be good kids, right, and go to bed when they say and do whatever they want us to.  They'll be tired.  Dad might be sad."


"Why?"  Sam asked.


"Yeah, why?"  Ray mocked.


"Because, he just went to where he grew up.  Remember last time, on the roof, when he got off the copter?"


"Yeah," Ray said.


"I don't want Dad to be sad, Jack," Sam said.


"I know.  But if he is, you just keep hugging and loving him.  That's all."


"Easy," Sam said.


"Yeah, easy,"  Ray said.


Sam looked slight annoyed.  Then he said, "Is Mom okay?"


"She's fine, sure.  Dad, too.  He has her, and she was there with him this time."


"Every time he goes there, he feels something bad," Sam said.


"Yeah, I know, Squirt." 


"Da, da," Jewel said.


"We can make a surprise for them."


"Yeah, surpwise,"  Ray joined in.


"Well, wait and see.  Let's see if they're tired, or want to be alone, or whatever, okay?"


"Okay," both boys said.


Sam said, "I don't want Dad to have nightmares.  They're bad."


"He'll be okay, Sam.  He will."


Sam got very quiet, and the kids enjoyed the rest of the ride in silence, as both Ray and Jewel slipped into sleep.


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!