WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Todd's Saga 23: A Sister's Love

        Viki sat down at her desk looking at the picture of Clint.  She recalled her eye-opening luncheon with Blair. 

        The doorbell rang and Viki headed for it immediately.  “It’s okay Nigel, I’ve got it.”  Opening the door, she smiled. “Oh Blair, I’m so glad you made it.  I have something to tell you and I couldn’t over the phone.  You’re the only one I can talk to about Todd.  Please come in.  Is everything with the pregnancy going alright?”

        Blair returned the smile.  “The baby and I are doing fine.  I’m glad you called.”  She looked around to make sure they were alone, then whispered.  “He spoke with me last night and gave me some news I’m sure you’ll be glad to hear.  He found ..”

        “Clint.”  Viki finished Blair’s sentence with her own whisper.  At Blair’s look of surprise, she  put a finger to her lips and spoke very quietly.  “I got a call this morning.  Because of Todd’s warning, I made up the story about Clint and the doctors just in case someone was listening to our phone conversation.  I figured once you were here, we could talk in private.”  She raised the level of her voice and continued.  “Let’s go eat.”   She led the way to the solarium. “I thought we could eat in here.  My security assures me that this room is safe to talk in.  We found several listening devices around the home after I returned from New Orleans, but I followed Todd’s advice, and told the security company to leave them alone.  I guess the organization didn’t feel this room was worth bugging.”

        Blair was kind of glad they were having lunch in the solarium.  She liked the room.  She remembered vividly the Christmas she decided to keep Jack.  She could still picture Todd standing in the room, determined to make her keep their son.  Of course she hadn’t known Jack was really hers at the time, but that was all water under the bridge.  She had forgiven Todd for that a long time ago.  “This is lovely, Viki.  Alright, we’re alone.  Tell me, did Todd call you?  Is Clint really okay?  When I talked to Todd, he said Clint had been through a rough time.”

         Viki laughed. “Please, sit down.  It sounds like Todd didn’t tell you a whole lot.  At first, I thought it was Todd calling since it was on the phone he gave me down in New Orleans.  I was totally shocked when I heard Clint’s voice, and in answer to your question, yes, he said he was okay.  He told me he was tired, but that he was happy to hear my voice.  I guess Todd filled him in on what went down at the Man of the Year Gala.  He was mortified.   He told me that Todd got him out of the compound, but he was a little fuzzy about the details.  He said that he needed to stay with Todd and in hiding and that he loved me.”

        “You must be so relieved, Viki.”  Blair reached across and put her hand gently on Viki’s.  “Did he tell you the rest of the story.”

        Viki looked at her bewildered .  “What do you mean the rest of the story?  I was so relieved that he was alright.  All I wanted to do was let him know I still loved him.  When he said he had to stay hidden, I asked him why and he said it was too dangerous for him to come home.  He said he agreed with Todd that it was important that things in Llanview didn’t get tangled up in his escape.”  She paused, thinking about the danger Todd and Clint were in.   “I hate this, Blair.  Both my brother and Clint are now living in exile because of this Organization.  I wish Bo could find out more about them.  Even Tea is a shadow of her former self.   She knows Victor is a captive of these people, and she’s unable to cope.   Dani has just added to Tea’s stress because of Arturo.”

        “Dani and Tea will weather this.  I’ve no doubt.  Tea is a lot tougher than you think.” .Blair squeezed Viki’s hand.  “I agree with you about Todd and Clint.  They should be here.  Todd worked so hard to make headway with Jack and we had just gotten back together.  Then these people pulled the rug out from under his feet.  It’s so unfair.  I don’t understand why the organization is so hell-bent on hurting Todd, Victor, and Clint.  But speaking of Tea, I have more news.  Todd didn’t just rescue Clint.  He got Victor out too, but there’s a problem.  Victor has changed. Todd says that the organization brainwashed him.”

        “Oh my goodness, so Todd also found Victor! That’s wonderful. I don’t understand?  Why does Todd say Victor’s been brainwashed?” Viki couldn’t believe it.  Bo and a number of law enforcement agencies were looking for her brother Victor and now Todd had him. “I know Victor seemed jumpy when he was here, but he seemed in control of his faculties.  What did the Organization do to him?”

         “I don’t know. It seems Victor was walking around free and working for the Organization.  Todd said they must have really messed with his mind. He seemed to think they used the same methods on Victor and Clint that Irene used on him.  It disturbed him, I heard it in his voice last night.”  Blair shivered involuntarily as she realized how hard it must have been for Todd to enter the compound again.

        Viki noticed Blair’s reaction. “Blair dear, what’s the matter?”

        Blair looked at Viki.  “I was just wondering how Todd managed to go back into the compound.  You know it was where Irene held him all that time.  He’s been having nightmares for a while, just being so close to the place.  Viki, he’s so alone.  Victor hates his guts and Clint isn’t one of his biggest fans either.  Neither of them has the slightest idea what it must have taken for him to go in and get them out.”  Tears had gathered while she talked about him and then they just overflowed.

         Viki got up and moved to gather Blair into a hug.  “Now now, Todd is the strongest man I know.“  She grabbed a napkin and began to dry Blair’s tears.   “I know that one of these days more people are going to realize that he’s not the villain they’ve made him into all these years.  In the meantime, he’s not alone.  He has you and me, and we’re going to support him any way we can.  I think I need to make a trip to see Mr. Butler on some business.  He won’t want you to travel anymore, now that you’re into your last trimester, but he can’t stop me from coming to see him.  He needs help with Clint and Victor and we’re going to give it to him.  But right now, we need to get some food in you.   After all, you are still eating for two, and I’m sure you’re just more emotional because you’re worrying about Todd.”   Blair nodded and managed to get her feelings back in control.  As they ate, they put their heads together to figure out the best plan for Viki’s trip.

        Viki sighed.  She touched the picture of Clint. “ I’m so glad you’re alright.  You keep recovering, and I’ll be there soon.”  She stood and picked up the list of things she had to take care of before she left town.  “Nigel.” 

         Nigel stepped into the Library.  “Yes Madame, was there something you needed?”

         “Yes, something’s come up and I need to make a trip this evening to New Orleans.  There are some issues at the Banner that I’m going to go take care of and then I’ll need you to drive me to the Airport.  Cord is allowing me the use of the Buchanan Enterprises jet for this trip.  I expect I’ll be down there for a number of days.  Mr. Butler and I need to iron out some more financial matters.”

        “Very good, Madame.  If Miss Natalie calls, do I tell her where you’ve gone?“  Nigel asked.

         “Yes, that’s fine.  She knows all about Mr. Butler.” She turned to face Nigel. “Would you do me another favor?”

         “If I can, Madame?”

          “Would you keep an eye on Blair for me?  You know she’s carrying my brother’s child and it’s hard for her since he’s no longer here.  Dorian’s been all wrapped up with Mr. Peterson and Blair would be the last person to show she’s hurting or worried.  I feel someone needs to look after her a little bit.  I know Mr. Butler would appreciate anything you would do because he’s concerned about her too.”

        Nigel gave a little bow. “Certainly.  She is, as you say, not one to show any of her weaknesses.  Even though he would never admit it, Asa always admired her spunk.  Since you will be away, I’m sure I can find time to visit Shelter over the next few days.”

        “Thank you, Nigel.”  With that Viki headed out to tie up some loose ends before her trip.

****

Todd entered the house.  He had planned on coming home shortly after he had talked with Sam Vance but then OTB business had interfered and he had been forced to stick around and put out some fires.  He paused in the back entrance listening for any signs that Victor was still making trouble.   All was quiet upstairs.  He wanted to talk to both Clint and Victor about Carl Peterson, but he knew Victor was going to be a problem.  

         Just as he started for the stairs, his stomach growled in response to the good smells emanating from the kitchen.  He realized it had been a long time since he had shared the croissants with Victor.  Having Clint as a houseguest, reminded him of the time he had spent in Viki’s house and of all the times he had talked to her in the kitchen when he had arrived back home in 2011.  There had been something comforting being able to talk to her, knowing she would listen and not judge.  She had taken him in, even though she was uncertain he was really her brother, and that made it all the more special to him.  He missed her and was glad he had arranged the call that morning for Clint.  At least she wouldn’t have to worry about Buchanan any longer.  As his stomach made more noise he turned and headed for the kitchen.  His talk with Clint and Victor would have to wait.

          As he neared the door, he heard Clint’s voice.  He pushed open the door. “Don’t even think about it, Clint.  That’s one cook you won’t get your hands on.”  He stopped, dumbfounded by what he saw.  “Sis?”  

          Viki smiled at her brother and wiped her hands down the apron she was wearing over her suit. “Yes, Todd, it’s me.”  She stirred the stew cooking on the stove.  “Don’t look so surprised.  I’m here to help.  Now come, sit down and eat.”

           Todd gulped, “What the hell are you doing here?”   He couldn’t believe what he was seeing.  Viki was standing in his kitchen like it was the most natural thing in the world and she had no idea the risk she was taking.  “Don’t you realize how dangerous this is for you?”  he turned to Clint angrily.  “Why didn’t you call and let me know she was here?”

          “Whoa there, Todd.  I was just as surprised to find her here, as you are.  I’ve been upstairs babysitting that damn brother of yours all day.  I didn’t know Viki arrived until I came down to check on dinner and found her sending the cook home.  I was so damn glad to see her, I didn’t even think of you.” Clint then smiled at Viki, who in turn smiled back.

         Todd turned back to Viki.  “I don’t understand?  How did you get in without knocking?”

         Viki walked over to Todd and touched his arm.  “Blair gave me her key.  I wanted to check on Clint and I knew if I asked, you would have forbidden me to come.” 

        “You’re damn right I would have forbidden you.  You need to go back home.  Now!”

        “Todd, Stop!  I’m not going anywhere but over to the table to eat and so are you.  Go sit down.  After dinner, we’ll talk some more.”  She gave him a gentle shove towards the table and then picked up the pot of stew and set it down next to her plate.  She picked up the ladle. “Clint, pass me your plate.” 

        Todd shook his head and sat down.  It was useless to argue with her when she set her mind to something.  But as soon as the meal was finished, they would talk.  



*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!