WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Todd's Saga 33: Plans in Motion

Todd paced his bedroom. Dorian had left New Orleans, but she hadn’t gone home to Llanview and they had no idea where she had headed.  All he could do was pray she wouldn’t connect with Carl and give him everything she had learned.  “Damn it. Dorian.  It’s just like you to get pissed at Viki and storm off.  Hell, you’ve been a thorn in my side from day one, why should you change now?” Grabbing his drink, he swallowed the scotch and then threw the glass with all his might against the fireplace watching it shatter into many pieces.


Viki appeared in the doorway. “Todd, what happened?”


“Dorian happened.  That woman has got to be the most infuriating woman around.  Tell me honestly, do you think she’ll keep our secret?”


“Oh, Todd, I don’t think she’ll tell anyone that both you and Victor are alive and here.  We would have probably already had some visitors if she had.  Ms. Vance said no one from the compound has been spotted in this area.  She seems to know her men and trust them.  You must also, or you wouldn’t have hired her or her firm.”


“Sam, I trust.  I can’t say the same for Dorian.”


“Todd, what is your plan now?” Viki moved into the room and took a seat next to Todd’s bed.


He raised his eyebrow at her actions and then took a seat on the bed opposite her. “We wait.  Once the results are back on the drug Carl is using, the plan is to get those results to people in charge who can do something about him.”  Todd glanced at his sister then dropped his eyes from hers. “I haven’t had a chance to tell you this but I ran across something while I was getting the evidence against Peterson.  You know I’ve had questions about Jeffrey King since I found out Carl Peterson was his mentor.  Among the baskets going out, the first day was one being sent to King.  Either Peterson is drugging Jeffrey or that basket is for someone else and Jeffrey is supposed to deliver it.”


Viki frowned as she realized what Todd was implying.  “You think the basket is intended for me.  But what good would that do?  You know I don’t drink because of my heart.  It makes no sense.”
In frustration, Todd ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t know Viki, I didn’t get a good look at the basket.  It could contain Sparkling Cider for all I know, but you need to prepare yourself.  You could be receiving a basket and I think you should warn Nigel.  You alerted the Banner you were headed home.  King could drop it in your office or on the front stoop at Llanview and no one would be any wiser.”


“I know you don’t trust Jeffrey but I can’t believe he would harm me.” Viki knew Todd was upset and he was beginning to alarm her.


“You’re too damn trusting Viki.  If he’s Peterson’s protege, he‘s been taught to be oh so charming and good, everything you see, but I think you’re harboring a viper.  Someone got those messages to me.  Someone who knew where I was at all times in Llanview.  Someone changed Clint’s medicine.  To me that someone is Jeffrey King.  I just don’t want you hurt.  I left town to protect all of you and if Peterson thinks he’s going to get you under his control, he’s got another think coming.” Todd’s voice cracked with pent-up fear and anger.


Viki got up and moved to her brother’s side placing a hand on his arm.  “I’ll notify Nigel.  Don’t worry, after everything that has happened recently I’m not so foolish as to take any chances.  If you’re right about the basket then we’ll know Jeffrey is involved.  I need to finish packing.  You need to clean up the mess you made.” She nodded toward the broken glass.


Todd shrugged his shoulders letting some of the tension leave and smirked at his sister. “There’s where you’re wrong.  The housekeeper returns tomorrow, she’ll get it.”


Viki raised an eyebrow at him. “Todd, I don’t think she would believe Tony Butler would fling glassware around.  Don’t forget the role you have to continue playing.”


Todd grimaced, “Alright, I’ll take care of it.  You’re right, Tony Butler is too much of a gentleman.  For the life of me, I can’t believe I made him so nice.”


Viki laughed and left the room.


****


Dorian walked to the window of Adriana’s flat and stared at the Eiffel Tower.   When she had left Todd’s place in New Orleans, her original plan had been to head home.  Sitting in the Atlanta airport, she had changed her mind and instead had flown to Paris.  Paris was cold but beautiful.  She recalled the numerous times she had escaped to Paris to recharge her batteries and after the last week, it had become imperative she get away and do just that.  


Adriana walked into the room.  “Mother, when are you going to tell me the reason for your sudden visit?  I thought you and Mr. Peterson were getting along fabulously.”


Dorian turned around angrily. “Don’t mention his name to me.  That man has done nothing but play me the whole time I was with him.  The last man to do that was Victor Lord and when he died, I swore I would never fall for another man like him.  In fact, I told that to someone recently because I couldn’t bear to think about how foolish I’ve been these last few months.”


“So you came here to figure out your next move then.  What about David?  You could always get him to do anything you wanted.  Reconcile with him and tell Mr. Peterson to take a hike.” Adriana moved further into the room and started going through some of her sketches. She found the one she had come looking for and turned back to her mother. “Well?”


Dorian shook her head. “That’s why I came here.  Something happened and it changes everything. I’d already reconciled with David but now I don’t know how I going to explain to him why I can’t break up with Carl.”


“Now you’re confusing me.  You just said Carl Peterson has been playing you.  Why on earth are you staying with him?”


“It’s complicated. I can’t really go into everything, but if I don’t play my part, people could get hurt.  Some already have and since Carl chose to get involved with me, he’s going to find he’s holding a tiger by the tail.  He endangered my family and I want to be the one to help take the SOB down.” Dorian turned back to the window and hugged herself. “I just need time to breathe before I head home and plan what happens next.”


Rolling up her sketch,  Adriana walked over and stood behind her mother. She gave her a light hug. “Well, stay as long as you need.  You’ll have to forgive me but I have to go meet Layla.  Will you be here when I get back?”


Dorian smiled “I’ll be here at least through the night.  I’m not as young as I used to be.  I’m certainly not going to just up and fly back.  In fact, I think I’ll take advantage of your lovely Jacuzzi and have a nice hot bubble bath.  Tell me, Dear, do you have any of that fabulous wine you had here the last time I visited?”


Adriana laughed and pointed to the wine vault sitting close to the kitchen.  “I think you’ll find something you’ll like in there Mother.  I guess that means I will see you later.”


Dorian nodded and watched her younger daughter leave.  She walked over to the vault and selected a bottle of wine and opened it, she got a glass and headed for her room.  “This should help me relax and determine the best means of revenge.”


****


Jeffrey King finished placing the note on the basket and took it down to his car.  Carl had given him specific instructions and as always he followed his instructions to the letter.  After dropping off the basket at the delivery center, Jeffrey headed to his final stop.  It only took a moment to take care of his business and soon he was headed into town to meet Destiny and Drew for breakfast.  The night before he had touched base with all the other operatives in town.  So far, all were in control of their charges.  Arturo and Jack’s schoolteacher were both on high alert to notify him if either of their charges had contact with Victor Lord.  Even with all the extra manpower in town sent from the compound, there had still been no sign of Lord, but the man had snuck into town before and they had to make sure that this time he didn’t connect with anyone.   Jeffrey had heard the frustration in Carl’s voice and knew his mentor hated uncertainty.  It seemed that once again Victor Lord’s sons had thrown a monkey wrench into Carl’s plan, but it was still moving forward.  Jeffrey parked his car and turned his thoughts to more enjoyable things as he saw Destiny and Drew arrive at the Coffee House.


****


David heard the doorbell and not seeing any of the rest of the family, he answered it.  There on the stoop was a large basket containing what appeared to be several bottles of very expensive wine and an assortment of gourmet chocolates and cheeses. “Well, I can imagine who this is probably for. I’m betting Tony Butler sent this to Blair as thanks for sending Dorian to help him.”  He bent down to pick up the basket and spotted the attached card.  He took the card and read it.


 To My Dark Seductive Temptress, 
Forever 
Your Ardent Admirer, Carl


“Damn it, it’s from that damned ex-lover of Dorian’s.” He looked at the card  “Well, she’s not here, you Joker, and it’s a good thing I got to this before she got home.  I can’t wait until she kicks your butt to the curb.  In the meantime, thanks for the wine.  I’ll be sure and try it out and when she gets home, I’ll give her a nice little surprise.  She’ll never even know you sent it.”  He took the note and tossed it into the bushes.  Then he picked up the basket and took it up to his room.  


When Blair arrived home, she found David lounging in the living room. He had papers and pictures of himself scattered all over the place and it was obvious he had been indulging in a little solitary party.  Plates of half-eaten goodies and crumbs covered the coffee table and couch.  He was just staring at the television with a vague look on his face while he held what appeared to be a rather substantial glass of wine in his hand. “David, what are you doing?”  


Not receiving an answer, Blair moved to turn off the TV in order to get his attention.  “David  really, pay attention.”


David blinked and looked at her. “Yes, Blair.”


Blair was exasperated. “David, you have to stop this.  If you really want Dorian back, you need to change your act.  Grow up and start acting like someone she can rely on.  You could start by cleaning up this mess.”


“Yes Blair, I’ll clean up this mess.” He set down his glass and immediately began straightening up the room.


Blair stood flabbergasted. Never in her entire life had she seen David lift a finger to help do anything that required manual labor.  It was a little weird.  “David, are you alright?”


“Yes Blair, I’m fine.  This is what you wanted me to do isn’t it?”


She nodded, completely bewildered by his actions.


Soon he had the room straightened up and he picked up his wine and took another sip. “Is there anything else I can do for you tonight?”


Since he was in such an amiable mood, Blair decided maybe it was a good time for another suggestion.  “Now that you mention it.  Don’t you think it’s time you got out and got a real job?  You’ve been living off Dorian for a number of years.  Getting an actual paying job would show Dorian you’re serious about the two of you.  You are serious this time, aren’t you David?”


“Of course, you know I love Dorian.  I’ll do it,  I’ll go get cleaned up and start searching for a job immediately,” he set the glass down and started to head out of the room.


“David wait. You can’t go looking right now, it’s two o’clock in the morning.  Maybe you should get a good night’s sleep and then go out first thing in the morning.”  Blair waited to see what David would do next.”


“Yes, you’re right, I should go to sleep and get up first thing tomorrow and go get a job.  Goodnight Blair. Thank you.”  David turned and headed upstairs.


Blair stood stunned.  “What the hell just happened?”  She looked around the now spotless living room and walked over to pick up David’s wine glass.  She shook her head. “Don’t think about it, Blair.  David was probably just mellowed out by his partying and he’ll be back to his old self in the morning.  There’s no way he’s going to go out and look for a job.”  She took the glass and dumped the remaining contents down the sink and headed for bed.  As she walked up the stairs the baby began kicking.  “Hey little one, give your mom a break.  It’s been a long night.” she rubbed her tummy in circles and the baby settled down.  Soon she was crawling into her bed.  Her hand reached out to the picture she had next to her bed of a man in a Phantom mask. Her breath caught as she remembered that special night.  “I miss you, please hurry up and come home,” she whispered softly and her finger traced the line of his lips. She placed the photo back down and let sleep take her.



*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!