WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Chasing the Monsters: 18

"We have a few hours left around Llanview, and we're doing this?" he emphasized 'this,' as if it were a disease of some kind.

"It's not that bad, Todd, really," she said.


"It's bad enough."  He drew his hand through his hair, and looked at her.  "You look beautiful.  Why don't we just stay here and have lunch, our way?"


"Don't try it, Todd Manning.  You won't be getting me to let you out of this.  I promised your sister."


"Lunch with my dingbat sister and the 'White Knight' isn't really what I want to do, Blair, before we go."


"Oh, why not?" she said excitedly, "It could be fun!"  Her excitement reminded him of years back, in her red gown, attached to his arm and laughing at how he threw his money and mouth around.  


God, we were just kids.


"We used to get to people.  A team.  Remember?" he chided.

"Yes, I remember."  She didn't know how he would even ask if she had forgotten.


"Good days," he said, running his hand up her side and resting it under her breast.  He grazed her nipple with his thumb.


She gently took his hand away.  "We're going.  I can't wait to see what she does next.  It's entertainment, and free.  Plus, I promised her.  It's sort of like, her chance to get him to stay around a little longer."


"Wait, are we going to help her, or laugh at her?"


"It might be a little of both," she said, kissing his cheek lightly and heading out the door of the bedroom.  "I'll be in the car.  It's Saturday, the kids are staying with Shaun while we're gone.  When we get home . . ." her voice trailed off.


He finished her sentence, "It's family day.  We're setting up the tent in here, I know, Babe."

***


"Bea, good morning, I was just stopping by to . . ." the nun stopped in her tracks, as Bea turned, as if caught, and stood up, to block her painting from the sister's view.


"Good morning, Sister."


"Bea, what's that a painting of?  May I see?"  She felt knew, but wanted to get a better look.


"I . . . meant to cover it.  You took me by surprise."


"There's no reason, Dear Heart, to hide what y'ar painting."


"Oh, there's a reason, Sister.  Believe me," she said, stepping aside.


There, in full color, was a painting of a man, striking in comparison to the background, surrounded by a group of people, and many of them striking their breast, one swooning, another with a hand raised to the sky.  She said, "Ah, I see."


When the nun looked back to Bea, she was blushing.  "I . . . don't know what to say.  He's just in my head."


"Understandable Dear.  He was the last person who was any good to ya before ya went into that dark time."


She nodded, with tears sparkling in her eyes.  "You understand, Sister?"


"I believe I do.  It does not surprise me, not really."


"But . . . after what happened, after what he's done?"


"Ya don't know him like that.  Ya only know him like . . . well, like this," she said, pointing to the stunning, engrossing piece of art, with Mitch Laurence as the subject.


***


"Come in," Tina said, opening the door to Llanfair.  


Todd entered the foyer before Blair, and said, "Am I going to see my other sister?  I mean, where's she hiding?"


"She went out for a few hours.  Hi, Blair," Tina said over his shoulder.


"Hi, Tina.  Where's Cord?"


Tina walked into the Lord library, and the two Mannings followed her.  "Well, he's not here yet, I had to talk to you two."


Todd rolled his eyes, and said, "Really?" Then he looked to Blair.  "I'm getting the feeling that we are bait."


"Well, not really," Tina said, looking to the side.


Todd said, "We're bait.  Let's go, Blair."

"Now, Todd, wait a minute, now," Blair said, grabbing his hand as he turned to go.


He looked back at her, turning.  "You're into helping her with this?"


"Well, I mean, who are we to stand in the way of true love, I mean, we can at least hear her out.  Can't we?"


"This doesn't sound good," he said, "and besides, how would Cord ever listen to anything that has to do with me?"


"Times change, Todd," Tina said.  "I just figured you two could tell what's been going on with you, since you saw him, and he'd just see the love between you and it might give him ideas."


"Since we last saw him?  That would be almost 18 years ago, Tina.  We don't have enough time to tell him what we've been through," Todd said.  "It would take a couple of books to do that."


Blair said, "That's probably not the right idea anyway.  We should just tell him about how Tina saved us."


Both Todd and Tina got quiet.  Then, she said, "You mean, show him I'm a heroine?"


Todd sighed, "Not this."


Blair continued, "Yes, show him how you've changed, Tina.  We can tell him the story of when you saved the kids and us."


"Won't that be a problem, considering she was there to steal the diamond?"  Todd interjected.


"I wasn't stealing.  I was taking something of mine back, there is a difference, you know.  Besides, I already told him that."  Tina said, folding her arms across her middle.


Todd said, "Let's go.  If we leave now, Babe, we get an extra hour or two with the kids before we go."


"Go?  Where are you going?"  Tina asked.


"We planned to ask you today, Tina," Blair said, giving Todd the eye, "If we could leave the kids here for a few days.  We have to go to Chicago."  Her throat almost caught saying it.


"Chicago."  She looked directly at Todd, and her demeanor changed.  "Why would you want to go back there, Todd.  It's a horrible place, something you have to leave behind."


He softened.  She knew what it meant to him.  He said, "Thanks for your concern, Sis, but it's got to be done.  Closing doors, I guess."


Blair nodded, but inside she wasn't sure anything in Chicago could ever be unrelated to that house.  She said to Tina, "So, can you?"


"I don't see why not.  Maybe your plane can leave without Cord, and he can stay behind too,"  Tina said, her eyes suddenly bright with a new idea.


"Oh, come on, Tina.  'Hi Cord, we haven't seen you in eighteen years, but I was held and tortured, which lead to a series of events that made my kids need extra security at home, and my guy just happens to be with cane, and since you have missed my jet that I purposely let take off without you, can you stay in Llanview and help, you, a person who has never even held a gun before, to protect them?'"  Todd elaborated with sarcasm.


Tina smiled, tilting her head to one side.  "That . . . was perfect!"


***


"I thought you would think bad of me, Sister," Bitsy said, moving to the side chairs in the room.


"No, Dear," the nun said, pulling one up.  "Not at all.  I understand.  Some of us forget that aside from the new memories ya've created with y'ar family, ya have a gap of many years between.  The last thing ya had before any of this was back many years."


She nodded.  "It's like yesterday.  I keep dreaming of him," she pointed toward the artwork.  "He's in my dreams, all the time."


"I see," the nun said, demonstrating concern.  "Why do ya think that is?"


"Sister, I'm not crazy," Bitsy said, "Dr. Martino, well, Ray, said I am getting better, and that I can go home, to Todd's, soon."


Sister Rebecca Katherine looked at the woman, and realized that the haggard and more wild look was gone; she had returned to what must have been a stunning, fair-skinned beauty, with delicate features and a slim, youthful figure.  "I know ya'r not crazy, Bea.  Ya never were crazy.  Ya just had a lot to deal with."


She stood, walking toward her painting.  "I remember him, clearly.  He . . . took me out of that house.  I know it was wrong to leave Todd there, but Peter wouldn't allow it.  I was sure I could get Todd out, eventually.  I was selfish.  I was so afraid of Peter and what he could do.  But Sister," she turned and faced her, "I was in love with this man."


"Are ya still in love with him now?" she asked.


Bea fidgeted with her hands.  "I don't know.  It's been so many years, and so much has happened.  Things I probably know nothing about."


"That's true.  But Bea, the last time ya saw him, ya were in love.  It makes sense that now, y'ar still having thoughts of him, and wondering what that's all about."


"Oh, I could never be with him again, or be his wife," she said, "not after what he did to my son and my son's children, and Blair."


The nun waited, and listened.


Bea went on to say, "I don't think I could never forgive him those things.  But a part of me is stuck, in the past, and I know that.  I also wonder if I am just feeling this way because he took me out of that house, and away from that monster."


"Possible.  I think that's something for a session with Ray, Dear."


"You're probably right, Sister.   I have to iron this out, and I hope before I go to Todd's."


The nun felt relieved and knew that if anyone could help her friend get a handle on her feelings for Mitch Laurence, it would be Ray Martino.


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!