WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Monday, May 6, 2013

Spidey Sam: Chapter 12


Todd was about to turn out the light to go to bed when there was a knock at his bedroom door. He looked at the door and sighed, hoping it wasn't Sam. He loved the little boy but he had just spent the past hour trying to get him to sleep. Todd knew that Sam not being able to sleep was partly his fault. He should have never taken the boys to his family home in Chicago. Todd answered the knock at his door.

"Sam, please go to bed, their is nothing to be afraid of, its late you must be exhausted."

"Its me Jack, may I come in?

"Yes, Jack, come in."

"He gave you a hard time about going to bed didn't he."

"You could say that, I had to sit with him for over an hour before he finally fell asleep."

"He is such a baby."

"Your brother isn't a baby he is just freaked out by whatever Victor told you guys about this house."

"So, what did Victor tell you about this house anyway?"

"Victor said this wasn't the happiest place on earth to grow up."

"Well he is right, it wasn't."

"What else did he tell you two about this house?"

"He didn't say much about the house, he told us about the people that living in the house."

"Well, he didn't tell Sam half as much as he told me anyway."

"I wish he wouldn't have told either one of you anything." "It wasn't his story to tell in the first place."

"Well he didn't know that at the time Todd."

"So, what did Victor tell you Jack?"

"I know he must have told you both more than just this wasn't a fun place to grow up to have Sam so freaked out."

"He told us about the abuse."

"Why would he tell you about that, Jack?'

"I don't know because its true. Peter Manning did abuse you when you were a kid.  I mean unless you want deny it, and tell me that Peter Manning didn't abuse you."

"No, Jack, I'm not going to deny it.  I mean, I couldn't even if I wanted to, you would take Victor's word over mine any day."

"Dad never lied to me."

"I find it very hard to believe that Victor never lied to you."

"Well, he wouldn't have lied about this."

"So what did he tell you?"

"He told me that Peter Manning was an abusive Bastard, who beat you every chance that he got!"

"Well, he wasn't lying about that."

"He said that Peter would beat you with his belt buckle that he would burn you with a lighter."

Todd was stunned by how much Jack knew about his childhood. He wished this was the one thing that Victor wouldn't picked to be honest about. He looked down at the bed he was sitting up in. He wasn't sure what to say to Jack. He hoped that Victor wasn't so honest with Sam but, he knew Victor must been just as honest Sam as he was with Jack for Sam to be so freaked out about staying in the house.

"Yes, Jack that is all true."

"So, why would you bring us here if all that stuff happen to you in this house?"

"I brought you guys here because I thought it would be the last place anyone would look for us.  I didn't know about the little history lesson that by brother gave to you and Sam!"

"Did he tell Sam about the beatings and the lighter?'

"No, he just said that his father, I mean your father wasn't a very nice man and that he had done mean things to him, you while you lived in this house with him."

"I guess, I understand why Sam doesn't want to be here now."

"So, what are you going to do about that, Todd?"

"We are going to leave here in the morning, the second that Sam wakes up.  I don't want him to have to stay here if he is scared."

"Where are we going to go, Todd?"

"I don't know Jack, I guess I will have to think about it, and let you both know in the morning."

"Ok, Todd well good night."

"Jack, wait, I want to ask you something." "Why did Victor tell you about Peter and I?"

"I don't know Todd, I guess he wanted to scare me."

"Why would he want to scare you?"

"I guess he thought it would stop me from being such a brat."

"Did it work Jack?"

"No, not really."

"Did Victor ever do more than just try to scare you with these stories?"

"I don't know what you mean Todd."

"I think you do, Jack."

"I'm tired Todd, I'm going to go to bed now."

"Jack, I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry that you got hit."

"I never said that I got hit."

"I never did either Jack, not to anyone, not even to the people that would ask."

"I'm sorry you got hit, too, Todd."

"Good night Jack. Get some rest.  I have feeling your brother will be up bright and early and will want to get out of here as soon as possible."


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

2 comments:

  1. Like how you are bring up the differences between Victor and Todd. Todd would never hit a child or push his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting on this chapter Dragon. I really do enjoy reading your comments. It nice to know someone is reading and paying attention to the story.:)

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!