WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Friday, May 24, 2013

Spidey Sam: Chapter 14


Todd pulled into front of a motel in the middle of nowhere. He shook Jack awake. Jack looked around to find the car parked in front of a seedy motel. He couldn't tell where they had stopped. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Where are we Todd?"

"Is this where we are stopping for the night."

"I know it not much Jack but I'm beat, can you grab your little brother out of the back seat, while I get us a room."

Todd walked into the front office of the Paris Motel. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled up and dark sunglasses. He knew his disguise was poor at best, but it was all he could come up with for now.  "I need a room," he told the older woman at the front desk in his best southern accent. He had spent years making fun of Blair's southern accent who knew that would come in handy one day. The woman handed Todd the key to room five. Todd handed the woman eighty dollars in cash the cost of the room for the night. He walked back out to the parking lot to find Jack standing with a sleeping Sam in his arms. "The room is this way Jack." Jack walked into the room and set Sam down on the bed.

"Todd, their are only two beds in the room."

"I know Jack, I can take the floor you and Sam can have the beds."

"No, your exhausted from driving all day, Sam and I can share a bed."

"No, Jack really its fine, I can take the floor.  I have slept on much worse over the last eight years."

"You, take that bed and Sam and I will take this one." 

"Ok, Jack, I'm really too tired to fight with you and I appreciate the offer of the bed."

Todd and the boys had settled in for the night when Todd heard a soft moan coming from Jack and Sam bed. He ignored it the first time because he thought it might be one of the boys dreaming. The second time that he heard the moan it was a bit louder. He than heard someone get out of bed. Todd couldn't see who it was until they were standing next him. Todd was sleeping facing the wall.

"Uncle Todd, I don't feel well."

Todd opened his eyes to find standing next to his bed. Sam wasn't wearing a shirt. He was just in Spiderman underwear. He was covered in sweat.

"I'm so hot, Uncle Todd, and the room is spinning." 

Todd sat up in bed and took at look at the little boy. He put his hand on Sam's forehead. "Buddy, you are burning up."

"Jack, wake up your little brother isn't feeling well, I think he has a fever."

"So, stick him in a cool bath."

"Jack, get up I think we are going to have to take him to the hospital."

Jack got up out of bed. He walked over to the side of the bed that Sam was standing by. Jack reached out to feel Sam's forehead. Sam took one look at Jack and threw up all over him.

"Oh God, Runt! What did you do that for?"

"I'm sorry Jack, I'm sick I couldn't help it."

"Jack, don't call your brother names he doesn't feel well.  Jack get dressed we have to take him to the hospital." Jack walked over to where his clothes were laying on the floor and began to put them back. Todd reached down for his clothes and did the same. He than took Sam by the hand and slipped his shirt over his head.

"No! wait Uncle Todd I'm not that sick, if we go to the hospital you could get arrested."

"Sam, you are sick enough and I don't care if I get arrested."

"I don't want you to go to jail because of me."

"I don't want to go to jail either Sam but you are sick and you need to see a doctor."

Todd carried Sam out to the car and Jack followed close behind. It was a short ride in the car to the nearest hospital. Todd had made a point of asking the woman at the desk back at the hotel where the nearest hospital was just in case. Todd buster into the ER at Saint Mary's Hospital carrying Sam. "I need a doctor, my nephew is sick someone please help us!"


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow keep them from being discovered please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm half way done writing the next chapter. Please keep reading you will see what happens next. Thanks for your comment as always.:)

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!