WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Spidey Sam: Chapter 15

Jack sat alone in his hotel room. He couldn't stop thinking about the events of the last twenty four hours. Sam had gotten sick while they were on the road with Todd. They had taken Sam to the hospital, someone at the hospital had reported them to the police. Todd was now sitting in a jail cell in Alabama. Jack and Sam were now back in Blair's custody. Jack heard a knock at the door. He opened the door to find Blair, Sam and Tomas standing there. Blair had gone with Tomas to pick Sam up from the hospital.

"Jack, you're not ready to go, I told we were leaving as soon as we picked up Sam."

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jack said to Sam.

"I'm fine Jack."

"We want to see Todd before we leave."  Jack said.

"Todd is in jail, you can't see him, besides Sam is too young."

"I'm not too young." Sam spoke up.

"Jack, I said no!"  Blair said.

"Why? I just want to see if he is ok."

"Your father is fine, its not like its his first time in jail."

"Yeah, I know he spent eight years in jail because of him."  He directed his comment at Tomas.

"Jack, you know Tomas was just doing his job."

"No, Mom I don't know that!"

"Jack, you sound just as paranoid as your father."

"It's not paranoia if it turns out to be true."

"Jack, don't talk to Tomas like that."

"I would prefer not to talk to him at all but he keeps butting into our family business."

"Jack, Tomas is going to be your stepfather in a few months show him some respect."

Jack walked out of the room. Blair yelled after him and followed him into the hall. "Where do you think you are doing Jack?"

"I'm going to see Todd."

"Jack, I said no!"

"I'm old enough to make my own decisions, I went with Todd because I wanted to. I'm going to tell the judge that when he asks."

"Jack Manning, you maybe old enough but your brother isn't!  Todd, took him without my permission!"

"Sam had a blast, Todd is great with him, that is more than I can say about your boyfriend."

"Your brother had so much of a blast he ended up in the hospital."

"You, can't blame that on Todd, he didn't know that Sam was going to get the flu.  He took him right to the hospital the second he knew he was sick, even though he knew he would be arrested.  I'm going to see him whether you like it or not Mother!"

***

Jack walked into the Police Station and right up to the front desk."I want to see my father."

"Who is your father, kid?"

"My father is Todd Manning."

"Kid, your father is accused of kidnapping you, I can't let you see him."

"He didn't kidnap me, I went with him of my own free will."

"I still can't let you see him.  You're too young."

"I'm not too young!"

"How old are you kid?"

"I will be eighteen in a few months."

"It looks more like it to me that you will be eighteen in a few years."

"I just want to see him for a few minutes, we are leaving soon, please."

"I'm sorry kid even if you were eighteen, I couldn't let you see your father anyway."

"Why? What happened?"

"Your father had an accident."

"What kind of accident?"

"He fell." 

"I just bet that he fell!  I bet he fell on someone's nightstick!"

"I see you know your father very well."

"I want to see my father now or I will call his attorney now and tell her to get down here that he is being beaten!"

"You can relax kid your father's attorney will be here tomorrow."

"He is being transferred to Port Charles, New York tomorrow, the Police Commissioner herself is coming to get him."

"My mother is taking us back to Llanview were we live she isn't going to let us see him until the trial.  Please, just five minutes."

"Ok, kid, just five minutes."

"Thank you Sir."

Jack was led down a flight of steps into the holding area for the prisoners. The place smelled like mold and looked like it hadn't been remodeled since the day that it was built. Todd cell was half way down a row of about ten holding cells. Jack and the officer stopped at Todd's cell. "You have a visitor Manning." 

"I don't have any friends and my lawyer isn't due until tomorrow along with the commissioner."

"Dad, it's me, Jack."

Todd rolled over on his bunk to face Jack. His face was covered in bruises. He was holding his ribs as he rolled over on his bunk. He looked like he had gone ten rounds with a prize fighter and lost big time.

"What the hell did you hicks do to my father!" Jack bellowed at the officer.

"Jack relax, I'm fine."

"You're not fine, look at your face!"

"May, I please have a few minutes alone with my son."

"You have five minutes.  Your son was told that before he was brought down here."

"What the hell did you do to piss them off Todd?"

"I guess I never learned to keep my smart mouth shut.  How is Sam?"

"Sam, is fine he just had a bad case of the Flu, mom and Tomas brought him back to the hotel today."

"I'm glad to hear that he is fine."

"She is taking back us to Llanview soon.  I told her that I didn't want to go that I want to stay here with you."

"Jack, thank you for wanting to stay with me but I need you to go back to Llanview to be with your brother.  I need you to keep an eye on him make sure that Tomas doesn't hurt him again."

"I will kill him if he touches Sam!"

"Jack he is dangerous, I need you to promise me if he does touch Sam, you go to Bo."

"He is useless.  What is he going to do?"

"Jack he is the commissioner.  He can help you both out."

"What about you Todd?"

"What about me Jack?  I'm going to prison, your mother and her boyfriend are going to make sure of that."

"Sam and I aren't going to let that happen Dad."

"Jack, with my record, it's pretty much a done deal."

"Sam and I are going to talk to the judge tell him what Tomas did."

"Kid your five minutes is up," the officer said as he walked towards Todd cell.

"Jack watch out for your little brother and remember what I said about Bo."

Jack began walking away with the officer. He stopped and turned back to look at Todd one last time. He knew it could be awhile before he saw Todd again. "I love you dad and so does Sam." 

"I love you guys, too," Todd said as his voice cracked. Jack walked up the steps and straight out of the door of the police station. The whole way back to the hotel he couldn't stop thinking the way Todd looked. He knew bruises like that were in Todd's future in prison with Todd's criminal history. He thought to himself, "I can't let that happen he was just trying to help us."

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

3 comments:

  1. Why??? I had so much hope that story was going to be positive. Instead you compound.Blair being a worthless mother and child abuse with government corruption and police abusing Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope at least Anna will clean up this disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know when Blair is going to see the light so keep reading. Thanks for reading and for your comments Dragon.

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!