WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Friday, September 6, 2013

Spidey Sam: Chapter 26

Todd was standing on the docks looking up at the night sky. He was thinking about what had just happened at the house. He had just gotten into it yet again with Dorian. He knew the woman didn't like him but to attack in front of the kids like that. Todd was furious he had to get out of that house and clear his head. Todd had his fists clinched and was about to hit a crate that was standing next him on the docks when he heard a voice from the past call out his name 

"Todd." Todd turned around to find none other that Marty Sayebrooke standing in front of him 

"Marty.  What are you doing back in town and alone on the docks at this hour of the night?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Todd."

"I'm a big boy, Marty, I can be out on the docks as late as I want."

"Well I'm a big girl, Todd."

"The docks aren't safe place for you to be walking around alone."

"Yeah, you never know who I might run into." Todd put his head down in shame at Marty's last comment.

"Sorry that was a cheap shot, can we start again?"  Marty said.

"I'm in town for a doctor's conference and I got bored just sitting in my hotel alone so, I thought I would go for a walk.  How is Hope?"

"Hope is fine, I just saw her."

"I was going to call Starr in the morning and let her know that I'm in town and would love to see her."

"I'm sure Starr and Hope would love that."

"So, what are you doing back in town Todd?  The last that I heard is that you moved to a small town in upstate New York after Victor's murder trail."

"Yeah, well the kids asked me to come back.  So, I thought I would give it a try but after tonight at Dorian's I starting to think that wasn't such a good idea."

"Dorian still getting on your case about, well, everything?"

"Yes, and I almost lost it tonight in front of the kids, something I really try not to do."

"So are you staying with Blair and the kids at the house?"

"God, no I was just there for dinner, I'm staying at The Palace for now.  I was just trying to clear my head before I went back to my room."

"I'm at The Palace as well."

"Yeah, I saw a bunch of doctor types checking in.  I'm sorry about what Victor did to you."

"You aren't responsible for your brother's actions, Todd."

"Yeah, but he thought he was me when he was doing that stuff."

"He wasn't you though, Todd, you were locked up some place."

"Yeah, my crazy mother had me locked up for eight years.  You . . . its funny, well not really funny."

"What Todd?" 

"I was locked up for eight years, that was how long I was suppose to be locked up for raping you."

"Well if your experience of being locked up was anything like Patrick's, you paid your debt to me and to anyone else you wronged before Irene locked you up.  Patrick told me about that woman and what she was capable of." Marty could see that Todd was becoming uncomfortable by the subject of Irene and what she might or might not have done to him.  "Todd, have you talked to anyone about what happened to you?"

"I hate shrinks."

"I'm not talking about a shrink.  What about Blair, or Viki?"

"My time away wouldn't make for a good subject matter since she just got out of a relationship with the man who had me locked up and Viki would say that I was trying to use what happen to as an excuse for what I did to Victor."

"What about you and Blair, Todd?"

"What about us, Marty? I'm not in a relationship with her, not the kind she wants anyway.  Blair and I are just friends.  I think the only reason we are just friends to begin with is the kids.  If it wasn't for the kids, I'm not sure I would even be speaking to Blair."

"You and Blair, just friends."

"Yeah, what about it, Marty?"

"You, and Blair have never been just friends."

"Yeah, well Blair has never been engaged to a man that had me locked up for eight years before.  Blair and I, like I said, wouldn't even have a relationship if it wasn't for the kids.  I want to be a better father to them and a better grandfather to Hope.  I don't need to be romantically involved with Blair to do that.  I do, however, need to be at least friendly with her and that is what I am, friendly with her."

"So, you won't talk to Blair and, you won't talk to Viki."

"And, I'm not going to talk to you about my time away."

"Oh I have a pretty good idea what went on at that place you and Patrick were locked up in."

"You have no idea what went of there and I have no intention of telling you either.  You may be a shrink, but you're not my shrink!"

"I'm sorry, Todd, I didn't mean to push you."

"No, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to get so upset, it just that I don't see the point in talking about something that has been over for a while now.  My mother is dead and so are most of cohorts.  I'm not in any danger from her organization anymore and neither are Blair and the kids.  I just want to put in behind me.  I don't want to be accused of using as an excuse for my behavior."

"You mean what you did to Victor?"

"I killed my brother you can say it, everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem reminding me about it."

"The doctors that testified at your trial seem to think you killed Victor because you were suffering from PTSD.  You don't believe that Todd?"

"I paid those doctors a lot of money to say that."

"Just because you paid them doesn't mean that they were wrong."

"I'm tired, I'm going to walk back to the hotel.  Do you want me to walk you back, it's late?"

"Yeah, thanks that would be great, Todd." Todd and Marty walked back to The Palace without another word between them. Marty didn't want to upset Todd anymore than she already had. When they arrived at The Palace Todd walked with Marty all the way back to her room.

"Thanks, for walking all the way back to my room," she said.

"Todd, I know you said you didn't want to talk and I swear I will respect that but if you change your mind, here is my card."  Todd took Marty's card without saying another word to her.  He walked away and boarded the elevator to his floor in the hotel. Todd arrived at his room he opened door and sat on the bed.  He tossed Marty's card on to the nightstand next to his bed.  Todd took a nice hot shower than climbed into bed.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!