WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Spidey Sam: Chapter 28

Todd and the boys got back to the house around nine they had spent the day school shopping and just hanging out. The boys were due to start back up at school in a little over a week and Todd needed to get started on working on the paper.  It might be a while before they would spend an entire day together, so they made the most of the day. Todd didn't take boys home until after dinner. The boys said their goodbyes to Todd and headed upstairs to unpack the bags Todd had bought them. Todd was about to walked out the door when Blair stopped him.

"So did you and the boys have a good day?"

"Yes, we sure did, Blair."

"Did you get everything that was on their lists for school?"

"Yes, we sure did."

"How was your day?  We had a nice little lunch with Marty."

"Oh, so you went along to the lunch as well, Blair?"

"Yes, Todd, and Marty came by after lunch and we talked for a bit alone."

"I don't know what you want me to say to that, Blair."

"You don't have to worry Todd, Marty didn't tell me what you two have been talking about."

"I wasn't worried Blair.  Marty is a shrink she is used to keeping things to herself that other people tell her.  Blair are you seriously jealous of Marty and I?  Have you forgotten that I raped her?"

"Todd that was a long time ago, and Marty has forgiven you for it."

"It doesn't mean that she would want to me my friend or even my shrink, not that I would want her to be my shrink.  I don't need a shrink.  We just talked once or twice about what happened to me while I was away.  She seemed to be interested if only to compare my experiences to Patrick's, so she could better help him.  I'm not going to see her again or talk to her again, she has gone back home.  We are done."

"What if I wanted to help you deal with what happened to you while you were gone?"

"Well, that would be weird."

"Why would that be weird, Todd?"

"Well, Blair you were once engaged to the man that took me away from everyone and everything that I love for eight years.  I know Blair, he was only doing his job.  I just wish that he didn't do his job so well."

"I'm just saying if you ever wanted to talk Todd, I would be willing to listen."

"Thanks, Blair but it would be just too weird for me, besides Blair you should be dealing with your own trauma."

"I'm fine Todd."

"I'm, glad to hear it.  Do the polices have any leads?"

"I have been working with them, but there isn't much to go on."

"I think you should concentrate on working with the police and dealing with your own trauma for the sake of the kids."

"What if I told you, you should be doing the same?"

"I know who locked me up, Blair, and did those things to me.  I don't need to work with the police on it."

"Todd, that isn't what I meant and you know it.  

"I know what you meant.  You think I should be talking to someone about what happen to me and, that someone should be you."

"It doesn't have to be me Todd.  What about Vicki?"

"What about her, Blair? The last couple of times we talked it didn't go so well.  You know what, it's been a long day and I'm tired I'm going to go."

"Todd why won't you talk to me?  You used to be able to talk to me about anything."

"That was a long time ago."

"Todd, don't you trust me anymore?"

"No, Blair, I'm sorry but I don't trust you with my heart or my thoughts not anymore.  I'm not sure if I ever will.  I'm sorry but I need to be clear about things between us.  I'm here for the kids and the kids only.  They ask me to me to be here and that is why, I'm here.  I don't want to hurt your feelings but that is just the way that I feel.  I want us to get along an be civil for the kids.  I don't hate you, I don't think I ever could but I'm not interested in a relationship with a woman I feel I can't trust.  It just hurts too much the both of us when it blows up in our faces and it will.  I'm here for the kids, and that is all.  I hope that we can be friendly for the kids and that is all I'm hoping for right now."

"I'm sorry that you feel that way Todd.  I'm sorry if I made you feel that way."

"Good night Blair, I will be back in the morning to spend sometime with the boys, if that is ok with you?"

"I think they would like that." Blair said with her voice cracking. Todd walked out of the door without looking back. He knew that he had hurt Blair and even if he didn't trust her, he didn't mean that he wanted to see her hurt. Todd didn't want to be the one that hurt her, he just couldn't be with her right now, even if he wanted to be.  Blair stared at the door for a long time after Todd walked out of it. She then took a sit on the couch in the sitting room.  She had a familiar ache in her heart for Todd that she wasn't sure for the first time in over twenty years would be filled.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!