WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Todd's Saga 7: Deceptions (mild Adult)



It was very early Monday morning when Todd and Blair’s honeymoon came to a halt. 

“Todd, does this have to end?  Why can’t you just come home?“ Blair said against Todd’s back as she scrubbed it.  The state of the art shower in the master bathroom had been a surprise, and since discovering it, they had spent some quality time enjoying it. 

Todd turned around toward her and pulled her into his arms and took the sponge from her and began to lather her up. She shivered from his ministrations, not from cold but pleasure.  Todd smiled wryly, “You know I can’t.” he said, answering her question. “But this isn’t ending we’re just postponing it for two weeks.  We talked about this last night.  Your cover story is in place and so is mine.”  He paused to lean over and nuzzle her neck as the water cascaded down the both of them.  Blair let out a soft moan and Todd took advantage of the moment to take her mind off the upcoming separation.  Before long she was begging him, and Todd put her out of misery, lifting her and sliding into her, slick and ready.  Her legs wrapped around him, and he took her against the shower wall.

   Several minutes later, Blair clung to him not letting him see her tears.  She didn’t want the weekend to end, but she knew he was right.  They both had obligations and it was important to keep everyone in the dark.  She only hoped the two weeks would go fast.  He let her down and Blair took the time to stick her face under the water flow to make sure her tears were washed away.  Accepting the towel he handed her, she wrapped it around her and walked out of the shower.  They exited the shower room and stepped back in time as they entered the bathroom that had been built when the house was built.  They soon headed down to breakfast.

It was five in the morning and Todd needed to be with the road crew by seven.  Blair ate her chocolate chip pancakes and watched as Todd checked his cell phone.  She saw him send a text.  “Who are you in contact with?  Is that one of your buddies?”

Todd smiled across the table.  “I was just sending Al a message telling him I would meet the crew at the site.  I’m going to be cutting it close.  Right now I need to get you back to your hotel.  If you don’t make an appearance this morning, the hotel is going to think you’re seriously ill and we can’t have them check the room.” She nodded, and they departed the mansion a short time later.   

Blair entered the hotel through the employee entrance and made it back to her room unseen.  Her lips still tingled from Todd’s goodbye kiss, and she glanced out her window to see if there was any sign of him still on the street below.  He had vanished, and she knew he was headed out of town to his job.  Since her flight wasn’t due to depart until late afternoon, Blair chose to climb back into bed to get some sleep.  She drifted off thinking of the magic of the last couple of days.

****

Todd pulled up to the site the road crew was working on and paused to check his phone.  Baker hadn’t notified him since Friday, and he was worried the guy might have been found out.  Blair hadn’t been happy to hear Todd was working with Baker, because of everything the man had done to him under Irene’s orders.  It had taken some serious persuasion on his part to make her see Baker’s worth.  Todd had also assured her, he was keeping an eye on the man.  He had to admit to himself he didn’t fully trust Baker either.   At first, he had debated not telling Blair what he had been doing since disappearing and then he realized he couldn’t keep any more secrets from her.  Surprisingly, after hearing everything, Blair had agreed to keep it all secret and had supported his decision.  When he stopped and thought of all the wasted years he had lost because he hadn’t trusted her, he wanted to kick himself.  He was lost in thought and thinking of her when his window was rapped on.

“Hey Tony, get your head out of the clouds and move your ass out of there.  We have a long day ahead of us.” 

Todd looked out the window and saw Al smiling down at him. “Yeah, Yeah, hold your horses, Al, I’m coming.”  He grabbed his leather gloves and exited his car.

Al clapped a hand on his shoulder.  “Man, Sid told me you were hanging with that gal this weekend.  She must’ve been something else, you smell like you just left her.”  he laughed.

Todd bristled as the man intimated that Blair was some high-class floozy and then forced himself to remain calm.  He had perpetuated that belief to keep Blair safe, he couldn’t get all defensive now because his road boss thought what Todd had originally wanted him to think.  Forcing himself to smile he said.  “You don’t know the half of it, Al.  Let me just say it was some weekend.”  

Al laughed again and pushed him toward the work truck. “Glad you had a good time, but now it’s time to get back to work.  Let’s move it.”  He walked towards the front of the truck and climbed in.  Todd stopped at the back of the truck and hopped in, joining the rest of the crew as the truck took off.

****

Blair exited the airport in Llanview.  She had her story all ready for Dorian and for the first time in a long time she was excited about the days ahead of her.  She barely had time to put her suitcase on her bed when Dorian walked in on her.

“Blair, it so good to see you home.  I must say this trip definitely worked wonders on you.  You’re positively glowing.  Now tell me, and I want all the details.  Who is this man who held your interest all weekend?” 

Blair smiled and shrugged her shoulders. “Who said I was with a man the whole weekend?” She began emptying her suitcase and hanging up her clothes.

“Blair,  I called the hotel yesterday and they told me you weren’t taking calls, something about being sick.   Now really, do you take me for a fool?   I know you met with him on Saturday.  I took the hint and left you alone, but now you owe me.”

“Oh, very well, you know me too well.  Yes, I was with him the whole weekend.  Dorian, he’s fantastic.  He treated me like a queen.  I’ve never felt so cherished.  His name is Anthony Butler, and he’s what you might call a self-made man.  He’s very wealthy, and you should have seen this mansion I stayed in, it would put Llanfair to shame.”  She couldn’t keep from smiling as she remembered the fun she and Todd had exploring the place that first night, not to mention how they had christened some of the rooms.

Dorina sat down on the edge of the bed and watched Blair as she talked about the new man.  There was a tone in her voice that she hadn’t heard in a long time as well as a bounce in her step.  She looked happy for the first time in weeks and seemed very taken with the man.  “Well, it seems he definitely impressed you.  But are you sure you’re not falling too fast for him?  I know how upset you were about Todd.”

Blair looked over at her aunt. “I don’t want to talk about Todd.  He just disappeared again like he always does, and I’m tired of it.  Tony treats me like a woman and wants to be with me.  I've been weeping long enough.  I’m ready to live again, and Tony did that for me.  He wants to see me again, and I’m going to.  I have a right to be happy and maybe this time I can be.”  She sat down next to Dorian on the bed.  “Please be happy for me, I like this man.  If all goes well this could become something very real.”  

Dorian gathered her niece in her arms and embraced her.  “Blair, you know I want you to be happy.  If this Mr. Butler continues to make you this happy then I’m all for him.  Now tell me, what does he look like?”

Blair had done it. Dorian was convinced there was another man in her life.  She should have felt guilty for lying to her, but it was necessary to protect Todd, and give them time to be alone together.  She hugged her aunt and sat back. “He’s one of those tall, dark, and handsome types, but with Tony, there’s an air of sophistication, and if you look in his eyes you see a man who’s been tempered by his life and made stronger.   I felt that strength the first night I met him.  I think that’s what drew me to him.”  her voice had gotten softer as she remembered her first meeting with Todd.  He had attracted her from the beginning, and the attraction had only gotten stronger as they had gotten to know each other.

Dorian reached and moved Blair’s hair to the side of her face. “He sounds like quite a prize.  You say you’re going to see him again.  Does that mean you’re going to go back to New Orleans?” 

“Yes, Tony said he’ll be back there in two weeks on business and invited me to join him.  Will you help me with the boys again?”

“Certainly.  Blair, does he know you have children? “

“Oh yes, he wanted to know all about me.  He loves kids.  I wouldn’t be with him if he didn’t.  If this continues, I hope for the boys to meet him one day.  I know he’d like to get to know them if they give him a chance.”  Poor Todd, still the outsider when it came to Jack, but he had managed to form a bond with Sam.  “I’m not ready to tell the boys about this yet, so I’m asking you to keep my secret, Dorian.  Jack is so touchy these days, I’m not sure how he would take to a new man in my life just now?”

Dorian thought back to Jack’s little secret about his teacher and reassured Blair. “Don’t worry about your secret, my dear.  I’m sure Jack will settle down soon.  I’m going to go see to some dinner.  These last few days, all the boys wanted to eat were burgers and pizza.  I think since you’re home, we’ll have something a little more substantial.”  She turned back to her niece as she got to the door.  “By the way, you didn’t tell me what Mr. Butler does for a living.”

“You’re right, I didn’t.  Let’s just say he has his hands in a lot of different ventures.” Blair left it at that.  She watched Dorian leave and turned back to the few items still left in her luggage.  Pulling the mask from it, she hugged it to her.  “You were right, Todd.  She’s going to be checking up on you.  Stay safe, My Love.”

****

Todd unlocked the door to his room.  He set his overnight bag from the weekend on the bed and pulled his laptop out.  In minutes, he had it set up, and the page containing information on Anthony Butler appeared on the screen.  He had spent the better part of Saturday afternoon working on his new identity and background.  When he had devised the plan to find a way to spend more time with Blair, he knew he had to make the background as solid as possible.  It had been time-consuming, but he had done it.  Todd knew Blair was going to be mentioning him, and Dorian had to believe he existed.  He was proud of his work, it was a good history and background and would stand-up to pretty intensive scrutiny.  He had a feeling Dorian wouldn’t be the only one interested in Blair’s new boyfriend.

He looked around his room, it wasn’t anything close to the mansion he and Blair had left that morning, but for now, it was home.  He had picked the place because it was something someone in his position as a member of a road crew could afford.   Like his room over Rodi’s, it served to remind him of his current situation and kept him focused on the task ahead.  Deception was now the name of the game.



*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!