WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Diamond in the Rough: Chapter 50

Blair was in the tub, floating amid the bubbles, her hand over her belly protectively, already.  She could see the small bump that would become their fourth natural child rounding along her lower stomach.  He walked into the bathroom, and shed his clothes, stepping into the bath with his hair tied back, and, as always, one strand one each side of his head was hanging loose, in front of his eyes.  She looked up.  "Hi, Daddy."

"Hi, Mommy,"  he said, and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

She said, "I needed this."

"I did, too.  Which of the rooms that is left should be hers?  Or should we give her the nursery, and then put Ray in with Sam now that he's getting older?"

"Ray's still too young for that.  But sometime, soon.  At first, the new baby will be next to us in here, like we did with Ray, in a bassinette."

"Oh yeah, that's right.  I almost forgot.  You feel all right?"

"I feel okay.  A little sick in the mornings.  But then, I get over it by noon, you know.  It's always been that way."

"I know.  That I do remember."

She floated toward him.  "Todd, did you ever think this would happen?"

"What, the bath?  I knew it, we're in here all the time."

"Stop, seriously.  Did you ever think we'd have a chance to be parents again, after losing Sommer?"

His face changed, and she could see that he was moved by the memory of the baby they had lost.  He said, "No, I never thought we could.  It's something close to miraculous, some kind of . . . I guess it's one of those things that happens to us, because everything opposite seems to come our way.  In this case, it turned out in our favor."

"I can't believe how excited I am.  I can't wait for the baby to start moving and kicking me.  And then, to hold it for the first time.  I just can't wait to meet little him or her."

"Me neither.  Are we supposed to talk names?"

"Now?  If you want to."

"It's a girl, Blair."

"Todd, you don't know that."

"I don't, but I think it is.  Her name could be Snow.  I really like that."

"She won't be born, or he won't, in the Winter, though.  He or she would be born in August."

"A Leo."

"You don't follow that."

"No, but just sayin.'"

"Just sayin," she leaned over and kissed him and he wrapped his arms around her.  They floated in the tub, the bubbles soothing them into relaxation.

"Blair, thank you."

"For what?"


"For giving me babies.  The family I always wanted and never really had.  Thank you for making it real for me."

She jerked awake, and realizing where she was and what had transpired just hours before, began to cry.  He could feel her shoulders heaving with tears, and it woke him from sleep.  "Hey, hey, hey, what's this about?"  he whispered.  She sobbed.  He pulled her closer, saying, "Hey, now, come on.  You okay?  Bad dream?"

"No, it's not that."

"Babe, come on, tell me.  I can't really go on guessing.  I'm here, right here."  

He ran his hands over her shoulders and back.  She said, through tears, "I . . . thought . . ."

Recognition hit him.  "Oh, Babe.  You dreamed you were pregnant."

She shook her head.  

He kissed her hair, and pulled her practically on top of him, and one of her legs swung over his.  He could feel the rest of her, light pressure on his chest, and cradled her, lovingly against him.  "How does that feel?"

She said, sniffling, "Okay.  Tighter."

He moved her closer and wrapped his arms around her more.

"Better," she said.

"It's okay.  You know what The Sister says.  'If God wants ya to have another babe, ya will,'" he mocked her brogue.  He felt her lightly chuckle.  "Or my sister, 'Todd, you know that things take time and cahn't be rushed atall,' or Dorian, she'd just say, 'Blair, don't have another child with that maniacal predator!'"  By now, she was laughing at his imitations.  

She whispered, still shaky, "What about Timothy?"

"Lad, you gotta try harder.  Give it to her day and night, that oughta put the seed in there!"

She burst out laughing, "Tawd!  That's awful!"

"Yeah, but I got you laughing."

She kissed him.  "Yeah, you did."

He ran his finger down her nose.  "Remember, it's not over until it's over, Babe.  And you and I, we're definitely not over."

***

She was thrashing in the sheets.  One of her legs had gotten tangled, and it simply added to the fear.  The One Who Hurt Them was standing over her, his pants undone at the waist, and he ripped his belt from the loops in a slick, snaking motion.  She heard crying from her Angel, who was standing nearby, watching, as he always was.  She tried to use her feet and kick the man away, but she was bleeding.  She was bleeding from her mouth, on the side, where her teeth had dug into and cut her when he had hit her not moments before.

In her horror, he turned away from her and faced the child.  "No!" she screamed, "It's me you want, I'm the one who pissed you off, not him!"

The smile on 'The One Who Hurt Us' face was one she'd never forget as he looked back over his shoulder at her before moving toward the little boy.  His grin seemed to swallow his whole face.  With all her strength, she screamed, "Run, Todd, Run away!" but he stood, frozen, staring, and shaking, so much she could see his little knees knocking each other in his shorty pajamas.  A wet spot formed in the little Superman pjs, and she realized he had wet himself out of fear.

Struggling to get up, the sheets still held her, as if imaginary hands, and she reached out, to try and grab at the man, but could not reach.  Each blow of the belt on her Angel had a clanging of the buckle as it hit against his back.  Somehow, she pulled the strength out of her very soul and stood up behind the man, and jumped onto him, putting her hands around his face and scratching with all of her might.  He didn't seem to mind much; he just shook her off, like a rag doll, and continued the beating.  Next, she grabbed at his legs, from her perch on the floor, and before she was able to see his large foot coming toward her face . . .

She sat up in bed, and her mouth was wide in a silent scream.  Not breathing for a moment, she realized she was awake, and gasped for air, as if she were drowning.  Tears streamed down her face, and she struggled to unhinge her foot from the bedcovers and run.

Why did he hit us?  Sparrows, please come.  Please.  I'll take off my shoes.  I'll be lighter.

She went to her door, ripped it open, and raced into the hallway.  It was very dark, and she had to use her hands to guide her through the maze of corridors.  Finally, she reached her destination.  Pounding in rapid succession, she waited outside the door, and began to hyperventillate in her panic.  Her crying was almost audible; small, mewling sounds were coming from her throat.  Again, she pounded until she heard the door unlock and open.  

On the other side of it stood Sister Rebecca Katherine, and taking one look at Bea, she said, "Bitsy, my goodness dear, it's . . ."

The woman collapsed into the nun's arms.

***

"Cord, should I wear the rubies or the sapphires with this?" she said.

"Whatever you wear, you'll look beautiful."  Cord answered, handsome in his tuxedo.

"Oh, you spoil me!"

"Actually, you're the one who spoils me.  Thank you for the Mercedes.  It's perfect."

"Well, the black one is on order, but you can use the red one until then.  The pair of them will be fun toys for you."

"You're the best, Tina."

"Marry me, Cord?"

"Of course," he said, leaning in to kiss her.

"HEY!" a voice said from across the room.

Tina looked up.  "Oh, Cain Rogan.  Don't be so jealous.  There's plenty of me to go around, and plenty of my money also.  I'll share."

"You had better," Max said.  He was standing by the window with a glass of champagne in his hand.  "We all deserve something."

Cain said, "This is ridiculous, Tina, you're going to have to choose one of us.  Eventually."

"And we all know who that will be," Cord added.  "I'm endgame."

The door pushed open.  "Not so fast.  I am still in the running," David Vickers said.

"Of course you are!  How could I forget you?"  Tina asked, throwing a handful of hundred dollar bills at him.

"That's it," he said, "shower me with money my little princess, and I'll be your hot cake on the griddle of love!"

Tina made her way from one of them to the other, and each kissed her hand in turn.  She said, "I do, I do, I do and I do!"

Suddenly, all of them were startled by the sound of a shot ringing out in the hallway.  Tina, who had been standing by Max, cowered in his arms, and then all of the others huddled with them in one shivering heap.  "What was that?"  Cord asked.

"It was me," Bo said, appearing at the door, and blowing the smoke from the end of his gun.  "Let me show you all how it's done," and took Tina by the hand, pulling her into a spin and a dip, and kissing her.

She opened her eyes.  The sunlight had fallen onto her face through the window.  Her cot was placed there just so she could look out and see daylight and get away from some of the not-so-nice smells.  This time, the scent of coffee wafted to her.  Oh God.  This place.  Ugh, I thought that damn dream was real.  Something has to break, I can't take much more of this!  I have to get over to La Boulaie somehow.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!