WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spidey Sam: Chapter 5



"Hey! remember me the kid with the black eye? Would anyone actually like to know how I got it?"

All eyes were on Sam as he stood at the bathroom door, just out of the shower in his Spiderman costume. "Yes, of course we would like to know how you got that black eye, Sam.  I brought you something else to wear." 

"I will change later mom, I want to tell you how I got the black eye first." 

"Ok. Sam you go right ahead and tell us what happened."

"I had gone to my room just, like I do every Thursday to make my call to Uncle Todd."  Sam said.

"He does call me every week, Blair, I thought you knew?"  Todd responded.

"I didn't know but, go ahead Sam."

"I was just about to dial Uncle Todd's number when their was a knock at my door, I went to answer the door because I had locked the door and it was Tomas.  He asked me what I was doing.  I told him, that I was make making a call.  He asked me who, I was calling?  I told him that I was calling a friend. 'Is that friend your Uncle Todd?' he asked me?  I told him that who was calling wasn't his business, that it was mom's phone.  I know mom that wasn't how I'm suppose to talk to adults."

"Big strong ex- CIA agents aren't suppose to hit little boys either."  Todd said.

"Shut up! Todd and let him finish."  Blair said.

"I agree with Scarface."  Jack said.

"Thanks, Jack."

"Don't go getting all excited, Scarface.  The only reason I'm agree with you is because of what he did to Sam."

"So, what happened next?" Blair asked.

"Tomas said that if you knew that I was calling Uncle Todd it wouldn't make you very happy.  I told him that Uncle Todd was my friend.  He took the phone from me.  I told him give it back, that it was mom's phone.  I then did something I know I'm not supposed to do to an adult, I kicked him in the shin."

Sam, stopped talking and put his head down. He was ashamed of what he had done.

"Tomas just looked at me at first than he raised his hand and hit me.  I fell to the floor, but I wouldn't cry.  I wasn't going to let him see me cry.  He walked to the door and before he walked out, he told me that if I didn't lie and say that Jack hit me that he would make sure that Uncle Todd disappeared again, and this time for good."

Sam ran into Todd's arms at this point. He was sobbing and trying to talk all at the same time. Todd rubbed his back and tried to comfort him.

"Sam. Its okay, you didn't do anything wrong."  Todd said.

"Yes, I didn't Uncle Todd, I was disrespectful to someone that is older than I am."

"That does give Tomas the right to hit you.  Jack is right.  Sam, look at me, no one has the right to hit you no matter how old they are and what you say to them."

"I'm sorry, I was bad, Mom, its all my fault," Sam sobbed.

Blair picked the little boy up and walked with him, like she had done so many times when he was an infant trying to comfort him.  Todd looked over and Jack, who was now sitting, not saying a word, with his fists balled up at his sides.

"Jack, Sam hasn't had breakfast yet.  Could you be a good big brother and take him down to the Metro Court Restaurant for breakfast?"  Blair asked.

"Come on Sam, let's go."  Jack took Sam from Blair's arms.  He set Sam down, "Come on wipe your face Sam, we are going for breakfast."  The boys walked out the door leaving Blair and Todd alone for the first time since they arrived.

"Todd, I know what you are going to say," she said.

"No, I don't think you know what I'm going to say."

"You are going to say that you knew something like this was going to happen.  You knew that Tomas was no good but, the truth is, we don't even know if its all true."

"What Blair! You don't believe him?  The kid has the black eye to back up his story."

"Sam also has your's and Victor's genes."

"So, you think Sam is lying because he is Victor's son and my nephew?"

"No, I don't think he is lying about everything."

"I know one thing for sure and that is that Victor wouldn't want this for his son."  Todd said.

"How do you know what Victor would want, you killed him remember? "

"I know that Victor walked around with my memories for eight years."

"So what, Todd?"

"So, that means that Victor remembers every beating I ever got from Peter Manning and trust me Blair, no father wants that for his son."

Before Blair could respond to Todd's last comment, Sam and Jack walked back into the room. "Sam doesn't want to have breakfast without you guys, he started to cry at the table when we got to the restaurant." 

"Your mom and I were kind of in the middle of something, Jack."  Todd said.

"I know that and so does he, he doesn't want you guys to fight."

"Blair, I don't to fight you, so here is the deal, the boys are going to stay with me for a while."  Todd said.

"What Todd! You think I'm not going to fight you on that?" 

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

2 comments:

  1. Loving Todd and so disappointed in Blair. Where is the momma bear who would fight anyone to protect her cub?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are enjoying Todd in the story. Todd and Blair are having a bit of a role reversal. Please continue to read.

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!