WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Port Charles Chronicles: Chapter 56


       Walker put Sam to bed after he had fallen asleep during the movie.  The evening had gone much better than the afternoon, and he was pleased that Sam had stopped asking about Blair.   He looked at the sleeping boy. You almost blew it with the kid, idiot.  You should have realized he would be scared at first.   You’re going to have to take it slower.  He’s just a kid.  You just need to keep him occupied and he’ll forget all about Blair.  He left the room and walked down the corridor to Alison’s room.   He knocked.  “Alison, it’s Miles.  We need to talk.” 

       Alison opened the door.  She paused; Miles’ face seemed to shift and she felt a little dizzy.  Gripping the door, she swayed and blinked.   The dizziness faded quickly and she saw Miles standing there looking concerned.

       “Are you alright? You looked like you were going to faint.”  Walker feigned concern.  He waited to hear Alison’s response.

       “I’m alright, just a little dizzy, I must have gotten up too fast.  I guess it’s because I brought you his son, but for a moment, I thought you were Victor Lord Jr.  But, that’s silly.  You don’t look anything like him.”

        Walker frowned, this was an unforeseen complication.  He had hoped to keep Alison around to help him with Sam, but the programming was losing its effectiveness.  It was much easier to just get rid of her than to let her see him as Victor again.  She had gotten Sam for him.  It was time to send her on her way.  “I’d like to talk to you about today and your accomplishment.  Would you join me in my office in twenty minutes?” 

         Alison nodded and watched Miles head down the stairs.  A short while later she knocked and entered his office.  Miles gestured to a chair in front of his desk and she took it.

         “If you would begin, Alison.” Walker leaned back in his chair and listened.

         Alison told her tale and waited for Walker to speak.

        "So, if I understand you correctly.   You were forced to sedate Addie and you left her tied up in the room.”

         “Yes, I had hoped to get Sam out of there before she exited her bedroom but when that didn’t happen, I went to plan B.”

         “Did she see you?”

          “Just for a brief moment before the chloroform knocked her out.  I don’t think she recognized me.”

          “I see.  Did anyone else see you, after you took Sam?” 

          “I ran into the hotel manager and she read me the riot act for not being finished on the dumb floor, but she’s clueless. She believed me when I said one of the other rooms on the floor was a mess from a party, and that was why I was running behind.   She never even realized I was walking Sam past her in my basket.”

          “Sam said you threatened Addie.  Is this true?”

           Alison squirmed in the chair.  “Well, I might have hinted at it.  I needed him to be quiet until we were safely out of the hotel.  I assure you, Miles, all I did was knock her out with the chloroform, nothing else.  At dinner, he seemed to have calmed down from earlier.  Did you make progress with him tonight?”

         “Yes, I believe we’re going to be alright.  Alison, I’m afraid this is where we have to part company.  It highly possible they’ll be able to figure out you are the one who took Sam and I can’t have the police tracking you here.  I’ve arranged a private jet to take you to the Caymans.  There is no extradition there, and you should be able to live without worry about the law.  My associate will be here within the hour, that should be sufficient time to pack.”  Walker reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a manila envelope. “This should be enough to set you up nicely down in the islands.”  

          Alison was stunned, she took the envelope and discovered a great deal of cash.  “This is unexpected.  I thought you wanted me to stick around and help you with the boy.”

          “That won’t be necessary.  I’ll take it from here.  You’ve been a charming companion, but now that I have Sam, I no longer need your services.”  The cell phone rang and Walker looked at the display.  It was Tomas.  “I need to take this.  You should go, your ride will be here shortly.  Goodbye.”

          Alison stood up.  She was disappointed, but then she shrugged her shoulders.  She had money and a free ride to paradise.  She had repaid Miles by helping to get the kid,   He was right, she needed to leave.  She walked to the door and then turned to say goodbye.  The words stuck in her throat as once again she found herself looking at Victor Lord Jr.   “I... I..” She blinked.  What is wrong with you?  That guy is dead, you’re looking at Miles.  She fumbled for the door.

         “Hold on.” Walker paused his call and looked at Alison. “Yes, what is it?  Spit it out,” he was impatient for her to leave. 

         Alison shook her head and found Miles staring angrily at her.  “Um,  it’s nothing.  I just wanted to say goodbye.”  She left, still wondering why she had started seeing Sam’s father.  It wasn’t like she had ever really had much to do with the guy.  Get over it Alison.  It’s because of the kid.  You’ve got some packing to do.

         He watched Alison leave and got back on the phone.  “Okay talk, Tomas.  Did Zacchara’s lieutenants take you on as their new boss?” 

        “Yes, everything went smoothly.”

          “Excellent.  You’ve received the info concerning the shipment.”

         “It arrived by special  messenger this morning.”

         “I want no mistakes.  Do not, under any circumstances, mess with this, Tomas.  I know you hate Corinthos, but we’re going to do this my way.  As far as your other request, that is a go.  I’ll expect an update soon.” 

Just as he finished his call to Tomas, Calmar walked into his office.   “Good, Claude, you understand what I want?”

“Yes sir, I’ll handle it personally.”  They walked out into the front entryway and Alison met them at the bottom of the steps.  

“Alison, this is my associate, Claude Calmar.  He’s going to see that you get to your final destination.  Thank you for bringing Sam to me.”

Alison looked at the dapper man standing next to Miles. “I appreciate all you’ve done for me, Miles.  I’m ready to go, if you are, Mr. Calmar.”

“Mademoiselle, it will be my distinct pleasure to accompany you.  Allow me to carry your bag.” 

Alison was very flattered. She studied Mr. Calmar and decided he would indeed be nice to have along for the journey.

****

Several hours later, Walker heard the front entrance door open.    He walked out of his office to see who had arrived.  “Well, I didn’t expect to see you until tomorrow morning.  Did everything go as planned?”

“Alas, Monsieur Flynn, it is my unhappy task to inform you that Mademoiselle Perkins met with an unfortunate accident.   The FAA informed me that the plane disappeared from radar about two hours into the flight.  They were over the ocean.  A search has been initiated but there is little hope much will be found.”  Calmar approached Walker and pulled a manila envelope from his pocket and handed it to him.

Walker checked the contents and smiled.  “That is truly a tragedy.  There is no doubt that Ms. Perkins is dead.”

“Absolutely none.  A plane crash over those waters will surely bring out the predators; and if by chance the plane is located, the occupants will look like they died on impact.  I must say it is a shame she died.  I found her quite charming on the ride to the airport.”

Walker nodded.  “I’ll miss her, but it was time for her to go.  She saw me for a moment instead of the image of Miles.  It was too dangerous to keep her around.  It’s time to reinforce Zacchara’s programmed memories.  It wouldn’t do to have him questioning his actions in regards to his grandfather’s death or his part in Starr’s daughter’s death either.  When the time comes, I want him ready to confess everything.  By the way, did you get Tea to back off looking for Tomas?”

“Oui.  All of her attention is focused on Daniella.  It seems Daniella has been receiving some threats at college and Tea is now in protective mother mode.  I believe she’ll be too occupied with that to worry about her brother.”

     “Good. Tea’s a handful I’m going to miss, but things happen.  With regards to her brother,   I want you to keep a close eye on Tomas.  I don’t want him to forget who he is working for and it’s up to you to keep the feds off his back.”  With that, Calmar departed and Walker took the stairs to check on his son before turning in. Things were finally going as planned.  He had Sam, Alison was dead and couldn’t be connected to him, and Tomas had secured Zacchara’s organization.  All was right with his world.

****

Tomas had just completed his meal and turned on the news to see if there was anything concerning the tragedy at the Metro-Court.  He frowned when he realized there wasn’t.  “That doesn’t make sense.  I saw them remove a body.  Why isn’t it being reported?”  He checked out a couple of other broadcasts, but they too had nothing.  “Stop worrying.  Blair probably didn’t want to have the story broadcast before she lets Vicki know.  Poor Blair, I’ll have to reach out to her as soon as they let out the news.”  He smiled to himself, picturing his reunion with Blair.  She would be all in tears and he would give her his shoulder to cry on.   Soon they would be back together, this time with no Manning between them.  

He reached for some papers sitting next to him on a table. Time to stop daydreaming.  You’ve got more business to attend to.  He looked over the orders for the shipment of guns due to arrive.  His newest associates had been brought up to speed and had their instructions for breaking into Sonny’s coffee warehouse, just long enough to plant the guns.  At the proper moment, an anonymous tip would be relayed to the FBI.  Sonny would have no idea what hit him.   He owed Sonny and he was going to get his revenge.  He had loved Carly and Sonny had taken her away.  As much as he would have liked to take Sonny out the way he had just taken Manning, Flynn didn’t want him dead.   He wanted Sonny in prison and his organization wide open for takeover.  He did give permission to get rid of Jason Morgan and Tomas settled in to study his next target.  Morgan had tried to kill him and almost succeeded.  If Calmar hadn’t been around, Tomas would have really disappeared for good.  As it was, Calmar was able to grease the palms of Sonny’s goons and had spirited him to France to recuperate.  Turnabout was fair play.  This time Jason would disappear.  “Too bad for your wife, Morgan.  She and your son will just have to get along without you.”  He glanced at his watch.  It was only 11:00 pm.  It wasn’t too late. He got up and retrieved his gun case.  In minutes, his gun was loaded and he made his call.

  “Morgan, I’ve got a tip for you.  Someone is moving in on Sonny’s territory.  Meet me at Pier 37 and I’ll give you the info...  Who is this?  Someone who owes Sonny.  Just meet me.”  It was set.  In less than an hour, Jason would be swimming with the fishes, only there would be no Calmar to save him.

Tomas left his apartment and hailed a cab.  As his cab left, an unmarked police car pulled up and parked across the street.  They had the picture of the man they were to watch but had been ordered not to approach.  Uncertain whether their suspect was home or not, all they could do was sit there and wait.   Officer Carlson looked at his partner.  “What do you think this is all about?  Falconeri was sure mysterious.  Any idea who this guy is?”

Officer Hennesy looked back. “Hell, I haven’t the foggiest.  I’ve only been with the department for a couple of years.  I heard Falconeri say something about this guy having a past with Corinthos.  Could be this guy has something to do with the mob.  Whoever he is, our job is just to keep an eye on his comings and goings.  We might as well settle in, it’s probably going to be a long night.”

****

Tomas was standing in the shadows.  As he figured, Morgan showed up alone.

Jason looked around and spotted the man standing in the shadows.  “Who are you and what have you got to tell me?"

Tomas stepped from the shadows and fired.  

        Jason never even had a chance to pull his gun.  He collapsed to the ground staring up at the man he had thought dead. “Alca.. zar.,” his lungs were burning, there was a metallic taste in his mouth.  He knew he was dying. 

        Tomas stood over him.  “You should have finished the job yourself.  Big mistake.  I owed you, and Sonny’s next.” Tomas fired one more time.   He waited until Jason was completely dead then rolled his body off the pier and watched him sink.  One more obstacle was out of the way.  It had been a fruitful day.  Removing the silencer, he pocketed his gun and left.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT??????? I thought you would get rid of Tomas or Walker instead you killed Allison and Jason. What is going on?

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!