WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Spidey Sam: Chapter 22


Todd had made sure that everyone was in bed, when he finally crawled into bed himself. He had a long day of taking care of everyone.  He had to make sure the kids were entertained so they wouldn't ask Blair to many questions about last night.  He had to make sure Blair was comfortable and felt safe.  He had to hire his own security detail because didn't trust the one provided to them by Bo.

The plan now was for Todd to stay in Llanview for at least the next week while Dorian was out of town with David. Blair was still refusing to let Todd or Starr call Dorian and let her know what was going on. Todd and Starr knew Dorian would be pissed when she got home at them for not calling her but, Blair didn't seem to want her around.  So they decided to respect Blair's wishes even if they didn't agree with them. It didn't really matter to Todd though he had an excuse to stick around and be with his children, he couldn't pass up that chance.

Todd was about to turn out the light and try and get some sleep when he heard a noise coming from Blair's room. He walked into the hall and stepped right up to Blair's door. He listened closely at Blair's door and could tell she was dreaming about last night. He was just about walk into Blair's room when Starr approached from behind.

"Mom, is having a bad dream Dad."

"I know Shorty, I was just about to go in, you go back to your room and be with Hope. I can handle this."  Starr walked away and looked back at her father. "Go ahead Starr, I can handle this, I promise." Todd had his hand on Blair's door knob the whole time he was talking to Starr.  He turned the knob and walked into Blair's half dark room.  He walked slowly and carefully walked closer to Blair's bed.  Blair was still thrashing around in the bed and moaning in her sleep.  Todd decided to not getting any closer to the bed but instead call out to Blair.

"Blair," he called out into the dark.  Blair sat up the second she heard Todd say her name. He could see that her night clothes were soaked in sweat.  She sat up and looked around still half asleep and he could tell that she was confused as to where she was and what was going on.

"Blair, it's me Todd.  You were dreaming."

"Todd, where I'm I?"

"Your in the in one of the beds in the suite that rented for the kids and I."

"The kids, did I wake them?"

"Just Starr, but I sent her back to bed."

"I'm sorry I woke you."

"You, know me Blair I'm not that great of a sleeper anyway, it's worse since I got back.  Do you need something Blair?"

"Turn on the light please, Todd." He walked over to the light switch and turned on the light.  Blair was sitting up in her bed.  Her hair was all matted down and her nightshirt was soaked.

"Do you want me to get you a new shirt to sleep in?" Blair looked down at the front of the shirt that Todd had given her to sleep.

"I'm sorry about your shirt."

"It's just a shirt Blair.  I can get you another one if you want?"

"No, Todd will you sit with me for a few minutes?"  Todd took at seat on the chair that was by the door. He was about as far away as he could get to the bed.

"Todd?" 

"Yes, Blair?" he said from across the room.

"I meant would you come and sit next to me on the bed." Todd gingerly walked over the bed and took a seat next to Blair. He was letting her take the lead on what would happen next.

"You know Blair, you don't have to be afraid, I hired the best security team I could find."

"I knew you would, Todd."

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you or the kids while I'm here."

"Todd, how long do you plan on staying?"

"The week, Blair, until Dorian and David come back.  I plan on leaving you and kids with the security detail though."

"Do you have to get back to Port Charles next week?"

"Do you want me to stay longer, Blair?"

"Sam feels safe when you are here.  He hasn't had one bad dream since he has been with you."

"How do you know that, Blair?"

"He told me on the phone yesterday morning."

"He still has bad dreams about that night?"

"Yes, sometimes but, apparently not when you are around."

"Blair, I can stay as long as you want me around."

"What about the paper?"

"I can run the paper from Llanview just the same as I run it from Port Charles."

"What about your life in Port Charles?"

"It will be there when I get back."

"So, you will stay longer than a week?"

"Yes, Blair, if that is what you want."

"What about Aunt Dorian?"

"I can handle your Auntie Dorian."

"She isn't going to be happy."

"She isn't the only person not happy with me.  Half of this town has one reason or another to not be happy with me, starting with my sister."

"You went to see Viki?"

"Yes, I did, yesterday morning."

"It didn't go so well?"

"You could say that."

"I'm sorry Todd."

"Why, Blair?  She has a really good reason to be mad at me.  You all do, for that matter.  Do you want to talk about what you were dreaming about?"

"No, not really, and you don't want to talk about Victor do you?"

"No, Blair, I don't."

"What about Viki?

"That would be like talking about Victor."

"Todd, will you turn out the light and stay with me until I fall asleep?" Todd walked over to the light switch and turned it off. He then took at seat in the chair by the door. "Todd, come back to bed and sit with me?"

"No, Blair."

"Why not?" 

"I have my reasons." Todd stayed up the rest of the night in the chair watching over Blair as she slept in the bed.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Todd, he is so skitish like the wild arabian, Araby. Hurt too many times and nit willing to let anyone kick him again, especially Blair.

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!