WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Monday, June 18, 2012

Dance with the Devil: Chapter 8

After a half an hour, Starr remembered she need to talk to Lulu Spencer about rescheduling some of her dates at the Haunted Star. Jack decided to tag along, leaving Todd and Blair alone. Blair stared into his eyes and reached out for his scar. After moving her finger over it, Todd brought her hand to his lips and kissed them. She let out a contented sigh, finally giving in to what she had been feeling for the last few weeks. “You were right, Mr. Manning.”


He raised a curious eyebrow. “Since I am so often wrong, can you inform me as to what I am right about?”


“You swore to me in this very hospital that you would never stop trying to up us back together.” She moved in closer to him, kissing his lips. “Congratulations, you’ve succeeded.”


His trademark sardonic smile crossed his face. “Yeah, and all it took was for me to be shot multiple times,” he said.


She shook her head. “No, All you ever had to do was be honest with me. That has always been our problem, honesty.” She was very tempted to get on the bed with him, but stifled the urge. And it was just in time too, as Dr. Webber came in.


“I just want to check on the patient,” he said, looking down at his chart. “We’re going to start to wean you off the powerful pain killers. Now, I just need to check one thing.” The doctor brought out a pin and lifted the blanket from Todd’s legs. He pushed the pin gently into Todd’s toe. Blair got up and watched him, fear rising in her. “Can you feel that, Mr. Manning?”


“No, what am I supposed to be feeling?” Todd asked. When all he got for an answer was the doctor giving Blair a look, his voice grew louder. “Doctor, what are trying to do?”


Dr. Webber let out a breath, trying to decide how to proceed. “I’m going to need to have a few more tests run on you. I really don’t want to say anything more right now.”


He tried to make his way down the hall, but Blair caught him. “Doctor, what’s going on? What do you think happened?” she asked pleadingly. “You think the bullet might have shifted into his spine?”


“I really don’t know yet. I’m going to order some more tests. It really is too early to say,” Steve said, leaving her behind.


Blair resolved to remain calm in front of Todd. She walked back into the room as he was reaching for the phone. “I need to get in touch with my managing editor. Let her know I’m ok.” He seemed unconcerned with the doctor, but he could tell she was. “Look, doctors, so they don’t get sued, need to check out everything. There’s nothing to worry about, I’m sure.” He dialed a number and the other end picked up. “And how is my favorite niece doing? Is my paper still standing?”


In Llanview, Jessica Brennan was surprised to hear her uncle’s voice. “Todd, you awake!” she exclaimed.


“Yeah, well, you know me. Listen, need a lot of updates, but I need to tell you, continue to keep that story on ice,” Todd informed her.


“Are you sure about that?” she queried.


Todd nodded, “My latest incident has nothing to do with it.” As Todd continued to talk to his niece, Blair’s cellphone went off. Stepping out side to answer it, she steeling herself for what she figured was coming.


“Hello, Dorian,” she said with a sigh.


“Blair, what chaos has that man brought down on you?” her aunt shouted on the other end.


Looking back at Todd, she told Dorian, “Not much more than usual. Look, it’s been a long night. We almost lost Todd and I need to get back in to him.”


Dorian paused. “How is he doing?” she asked with concern.


“Considering he was shot three times in the back yesterday afternoon? It took them a while to stabilize him and he had to have emergency surgery. He was in a coma for a while, but he’s awake, he’s recovering and he’s bitching at his sisters,” she explained. “They weren’t able to remove one of the bullets. It was too close the spine and I think it may have shifted.”


Dorian nodded. “I’m coming up,” she stated.


“Look, Dorian, we’re fine here. Viki and Tina are here, Jack even came--” she began.


“I think Viki would appreciate the doctor of the family to offer a second opinion,” she trilled.


Blair rolled her eyes. She knew nothing she said to her aunt would stop Hurricane Dorian from hitting Port Charles. Besides, a part of her wanted Dorian’s help. She acceded to her aunt’s wishes as she heard the click of heels. Blair ended her call as Tea approached. “Tea,” she said.


“Blair,” Tea replied. Both women were obviously sizing each other up. Tea looked around at Todd. “He survived.”


“Yeah, it was touch and go there but he pulled through,” Blair told her. Tea took a step towards the door, but Blair blocked her path. “Look, Tea, he’s not out of the woods yet, so you’re not going near him. I know what you’re feeling right now,” she was about to be interrupted but she carried on, “but Todd is not up to it, physically or mentally.”


Tea looked at her then into the room then at Blair. She turned her heels and walked back down the hall. Dr. Lee was at the station and came up to her. “Ms, Delgado, do you have a few minutes? I need to talk about some of the test results.” Dr. Lee led Tea into her office. “The DNA test you took yesterday confirmed what I suspected.”


“And what was that, Doctor?”


“I don’t know how to say this or even explain it, but the baby that Sam Morgan brought to the hospital is not yours either,” she stated. She showed the other woman the DNA results.


Tea looked at the doctor sideways when she finished. “Then if the baby I brought in isn’t mine and neither is the baby who died, where is my baby?”


As Tea was wondering this, Blair walked back into Todd’s room. He was finishing up with the office as she came to sit beside him. He looked up to where Tea had been. “I needed to talk to her,” Todd said.


“Not right now, you don’t. No matter what you say, what you ever say, she won’t hear it.” With that, an orderly came to move Todd to a regular room. As he was being wheeled down the hallway, the elevator opened and out walked Viki, Clint and little Sam.


“Uncle Todd!” the boy cried. He was reaching for him when Blair heaved him into her arms. The boy squirmed out and was place on the bed to hop a ride with his uncle.


“Sam Manning, what on earth are you doing here?” she said as she looked up with surprise at Clint. Both Todd and Blair were speechless to see the prisoner of Llanfair not just off the property, nut out of the state.


“He insisted on coming with Natty and I,” he explained as they moved down the hall. When Todd was settled into a room, Clint continued. “I was allowed up, as I figured Viki may need me. They readjusted my anklet so I can move around Port Charles with some degree of freedom.”


Sam turned to Todd. “Are you alright? Uncle Clint said you hurt your back.”


Todd had to smile at the little boy. He had always had a way with kids, even when even acknowledged he was a monster. “I’m all better now that you’re here.”


Dr. Weber came in at the moment. “Mr. Manning, we’re going to take you for some more tests.” He noticed the group gathered in the room. “They may take a while. You can wait around if you’d like--”


Viki spoke up. “No, I think we’d best go to the hotel and freshen up.”


“I’m gonna stay here, Viki,” Blair told her.


Viki shook her head. “Blair, you most of all need the rest. You’ve probably been up twenty-four hours straight. We’ll go back to the hotel, rest, get something to eat then come back.”


Blair was wary, remembering John’s comment about a guard on the room. But when Todd added, “Look, you know Viki. She’s like Dorian, she won’t take no for an answer.” He got serious for a minute. “Viki is right. I’ll be fine until you get back.” With that, his family left. As Dr. Webber checked his vitals, Todd said to him, “Give it to me straight.  I may be paralyzed, right?”


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

2 comments:

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!