WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Port Charles Chronicles: Chapter 41

     “Are you telling me, you saw Tomas talking to Johnny Zacchara?”

     “That’s what I’m telling you.  At least, it sure looked like Tomas.  Who’s this Zacchara?  Molly said he was seeing your friend’s mother.”

     “Wait a minute.   Molly?  Are you talking about Michael Corinthos’ cousin, Molly? "

     “That’s the girl.  She’s nice.  I met her when I went for a walk, looking for a place to have lunch.”

      Starr sat down in a chair next to her brother.  “Gee, this town is smaller than I thought.  You met Molly and she told you about Johnny Zacchara.”

      “Well, only a little bit.  We were curious about the limo.  So we stopped and watched as this guy got out.  He kind of looked like Tomas.  So I asked Molly if she had any idea who might live in the building.  She just knew that this Zacchara guy lived in the area.  I was on my way back to the hotel when Tomas left the building.  This time, I got a good look at him, but he didn’t see me.   I swear to you, it was Tomas, but like I said he wasn’t dressed like him.”

     “Okay, you saw someone who looked like Tomas, but how do you know he was seeing Johnny?”

     “Because this Johnny character walked out onto the stoop and talked to him in front of me, that’s how.” Jack said derisively.  He was beginning to tire of his sister’s questions.  “You didn’t give me an answer.  Why do you think Tomas is here and what is he up to?”

     “I don’t know how to answer that.  It doesn’t make any sense.  If Tomas is up here, I would have thought he was here to get Mom back, but I haven’t the foggiest why he would be seeing Johnny Zacchara.  I believe you think you saw Tomas, but I wish you had gotten some picture of him.  For all we know, it could just be someone who looks a little like him.”  She looked at her brother and saw his mouth turn down.  She got ready for the explosion she knew was going to happen.

    “I knew it!  I knew you would do that.  You’re so cautious when it comes to jumping to conclusions, but you were the first to jump and say Scarface was Dad.  You didn’t have any proof and you still chose to side with him over Victor.” Jack slammed the laptop shut and jumped up and walked away from the table.

    “That’s not fair and you keep wanting to forget I was right about Dad.  I didn’t say you were wrong about Tomas, I just said I wish we had something like a picture to study.”

    “Fine, you be cautious, I’m going to give Tea a call.  She probably knows where Tomas is.” Jack pulled out his cell phone.  He was mad at himself.  Starr was right if he had used his head he could have gotten a picture of Tomas.  You just don’t think, that’s why Shane’s mother almost died.  If you hadn’t gotten so mad at Shane... Jack shook his head to clear the memory and made the call to his aunt.

****

    . Blair pulled the sheet up and covered Todd.   He looked peaceful and serene in his sleep.   He had drifted off halfway through their dinner.  She picked up the tray of leftovers and took them back out into the sitting room of the suite.  With any luck, Todd’s sleep would remain uneventful.  She went to the room phone and called the suite where Addie and the boys were.

      Addie had just placed the pizzas on the table when the phone rang.  As the kids began to eat, she answered it. “Hello.”

     “Momma, it’s me.  Did Starr get back there with Sam?”

     “Yes, dear.  They’re eating dinner.  Starr was pretty upset about Todd.  Is he alright?  Are you going to stay at the hospital with him again tonight?”

     “He’s out of the hospital, we’re here in his suite.”

     “Blair, is that good?  Starr told me he almost died this morning.  Did the doctors really release him?”

     “Not willingly, but you know Todd, he’s stubborn and refused to stay there any longer.  I understand more now than I did earlier.  Momma, the hospital reminds him of his captivity.  I can’t ask him to stay someplace that brings up those memories.”

     Addie’s heart lurched for Todd, she understood better than Blair realized.  “Don’t worry Blair, I don’t think the doctors would let him leave if he was in any danger.  Todd’s been through so much and he is hurting, it wouldn’t be right to make him hurt more.  As long as you’re with him, he’ll be alright.”

     “I’m trying so hard to let him know I’m on his side now.   He’s starting to believe it, but he doesn’t fully trust me yet.  I can’t say I blame him.  How could I have been so blind not to see there was more going on when he got back to town?  Not only that, but I hurt him, even more, when I chose Tomas.”

     “You shouldn’t get so down on yourself.  You’ve been through a lot in your life since Todd disappeared.  He doesn’t even have any idea what has happened to you.  Have you told him you almost died a couple of times?”

     “No, of course not.”

     “I think he would want to know.  He was kept prisoner and you were misled by his brother.  You both have so much to really talk out.  You need to let him know about the last eight years of your life as much as you need to know about his.  Clear the air, Blair, then you two can start fresh.”

      Blair sat in the room listening, tears rolling down her cheeks.  She was actually getting advice from her mother.  It was strange and wonderful at the same time.  “Momma, I love you.”

     “My sweet Blair, I love you too.  I know you and Todd can make things work this time because I know he loves you very much.  He’s a one-woman man and you are that woman.  You just keep remembering that.”

     “I will, I’m clinging hard to that truth.  I know why Starr was so upset, he almost died today.  No, that’s not true.  He did die today, and I wanted to die alongside him.  I’m not ready to live without him again.  When he kissed me the night of the Premiere, I woke up inside.  I was just too stubborn to realize it right away.  I’m fully awake now.  He came back to me this morning, that’s how strong his love is.  I intend to prove to him I love him just as deeply.  Goodnight, Momma.  Tell the boys, I’ll see them for breakfast.”

      “Goodnight Blair.  Go take care of your prince.”

       Blair put the phone down and wiped her eyes.  She had needed the talk with her mother.  It had helped her to put things in perspective.  Her mother was right about one thing.  Todd needed to be brought up to speed on everything.  She secured the lock on the door and made her way back into the bedroom.  Slipping in beside him, she gently kissed his cheek and then wrapped her body close to his.  Her exhaustion had finally caught up with her and she soon drifted off to sleep.

****

      Jack and Starr had called a truce to their arguing when the pizza arrived.  Jack still thought something was off with Tomas even though his aunt said Tomas was away on a mission.  His mother had told him Tomas had quit the CIA, why had he suddenly gone back to work for them?  He was pretty sure if his mom had known that, she would have dropped Tomas sooner.

      Starr had wanted to talk to Jack about their father, but after they had argued about Tomas she decided it would have to wait.  “Sam, what do you say we find something on TV.  I haven’t seen you guys in a while let's do a  movie night.”  She glanced over at Jack but he had gone back to his laptop.
“You go get ready for bed and I’ll see what’s on.”  She scanned the TV schedule and was grateful when she saw a Spiderman movie was available on Pay-Per-View.  She got the movie and waited for Sam to come back out of his room.

     Jack looked over and saw what Starr had picked.  He grimaced when he saw her choice.  Sam was going to be tickled pink.  “Starr, really?”

     “It’s his favorite.  Besides, I haven’t seen this one.  What are you looking up to now?  Tea said Tomas was on assignment.  Maybe that‘s why he’s here.”

     “That’s too big of a coincidence.   Why would a CIA agent be working here?  They usually go out of the country.  I’m telling you something isn’t right.”  He turned his laptop back on and went back to looking into Zacchara some more.  He started reading some of the articles and came across a couple about Johnny’s grandfather.  Maybe there’s a connection there.   As he was reading, he found references to several other crime bosses. Seeing the name Corinthos, he clicked it.  After all, it’s your duty to look out for your sister.   It was pretty good reading.   Jack looked over at Starr.  She was engrossed in the movie and listening to Sam.  Molly was right, the town was run by mobsters.  Michael’s dad was at the top of the list.

      Jack continued to read and then he stopped.  A newspaper article and its picture had caught his full attention.
                                           ARMS DEALER MISSING, PRESUMED DEAD.

      The FBI announced today they were suspending any more investigation into the disappearance of one Lorenzo Alcazar.  All attempts to locate the known suspect have failed.
       Unable to prove a definite link between Mr. Lorenzo’s disappearance and Michael Corinthos AKA Sonny Corinthos, the bureau has been forced to relinquish their hold on Corinthos’ holdings.  Further investigation at this time would be fruitless.

       Lorenzo Alcazar disappeared under mysterious circumstances, it is unclear what will happen to the Alcazar family holdings.  This reporter speculates they’ll be folded into another organization.

      He couldn’t believe what he was seeing.  The guy was younger but looked exactly like Tomas.  The article was written in the year two thousand seven.  “Starr, you have to come to see this.”

      Starr looked over from the couch.  “What now?”

      “Just come here.  After you see this, you’ll understand.”

       Starr got up and walked over to the table and stopped stunned as Jack turned the laptop so she could see the screen.

      “Now tell me it’s nothing,” Jack said smugly.



*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

4 comments:

  1. Jack's been caught by the journalist bug and he's good at it! Might end up working for his old man for real at this rate. I also think the Tomas Delgado -is -Lorenzo Alcazar plot is genius. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. It's a comfort to know People are enjoying my stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if Starr/Jack/Michael/Molly would join forces to deal with Tomas aka Alcazar then maybe the siblings could all make peace. Nothing brings the Mannings and their mates together then a common enemy.

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!