WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dance with the Devil: Chapter 69


The plan was put into action at ten thirty.  Sam strapped her son into his stroller and made her way to the lobby of the Harbroview Towers.  When she got there, she saw the security guard, who gave her a smiling nod.  She made her way to the doors, when Victor came out of nowhere, grabbing her arm.  “I need to talk to you,” he said in a low, gruff voice.

The security guard took notice of the exchange.  “Is there anything wrong, Mrs. Morgan?”

With her best wide-eyed act, she turned back to him.  “Ah, no George, everything’s fine,” she said.  Returning her attention to Victor, she whispered, “Please, don’t hurt my son.”

“If you just come with me, I’ll make sure your safe,” he responded, before poking her with a weapon.  “Now go.”  They made their way out to a car. 

Inside the complex, George set a text to the police commissioner.

Anna had been having coffee at Kelly’s with Luke and John.  When she received the text, she turned to the two men.  “Luke, you’ll get John over to Spoon Island?”

“Yeah, I’ll show him all the hidden tunnels and we’ll wait there for you,” Luke told her, as the left the diner.

Anna then placed a call to Dante, who was in position at Serenity, waiting for Helena to make her exit.  “We’ve started.  What’s your status?”

“Well, about twenty minutes ago, three cars left the property, headed in three different directions.  I’m trailing one, Padilla’s on another one and we’ve got an unmarked following the third.  So far though, all three are headed back to Port Charles,” the detective replied. 

Anna nodded.  “Okay keep me updated on their status.”  She walked down to the Elm Street pier and waited, hoping to get eyes on Helena and her accomplices.

As Victor drove down to the harbor, he glanced back at his passengers and chuckled.  When Sam heard him, she asked what so funny.  “It’s just, I once lost custody of my kid cause he wasn’t strapped in properly and now your son’s not either.  It’s just my life has taken a lot of ironic turned over the last few years.”

“I know where you’re coming from.  I came to town with no family to really speak of and now, I know my whole twisted family,” she said.

“I’ll give you that.  Thought no one could top Victor Lord’s sickness,” he commented.  He was silent for a moment.  “How is your mother doing anyway?”

“Well, she’s going to be seeing a psychiatrist.  She’s been dealing with this since before she even found me, or rather, not dealing with it.  Saying it last night…” Sam said.

A memory flashed through Victor’s mind of Viki, at the bottom of the Llanfair steps, telling Todd just what Victor Lord had done to her.  He then said, “Your mom, she kind of reminds me of my sister, that survivor instinct,” he said.  “If she needs to talk to anyone, well, Viki’s always one to give advice, wanted or unwanted.”

Sam smiled for a minute, then turned to her son.  “Hey, baby boy, I’m going to need you to be brave do a little bit.  We’re going to go see an evil witch, but we can defeat her,” she whispered to him.

They arrived at the pier and Victor made like he was holding the gun on her as the boarded the launch.  As it pulled away, he caught Anna’s eye, who nodded an acknowledgement to him.  The launch retuned in twenty minutes, just as all three vehicles from Serenity pulled up.

“John, we’ve got eyes on Helena.  She has Tea Lord and her son and they’re boarding the launch as we speak,” Anna communicated to the detective.

“Roger that.  We’re in the tunnels in Wyndamere,” he replied.

In a few minutes, Victor, Sam. John and Luke heard the distinctive footsteps of Helena Cassadine.  “Well, it is good to see you again, Mr. Lord.  I trust all is well with your brother?”

“Let’s get this over with.  Where’s Tea and where’s my son?” he asked, the gun still trained on Sam.

“All in good time, Mr. Lord.  First, hand over my great-grandson,” she replied. 

It was Sam who spoke up.  “Why would you even want my son anyway?  Isn’t he the bastard of a bastard of a bastard?”

Helena laughed.  “My dear, I see your mother never told you who your father was.  Well, I guess I am left to tell the tale.”  She sat on the couch.  “When my husband informed me that he was sending the little mouse to boarding school in the States, I was curious.  He seemed to give little thought to her to begin with, but then I discovered she was pregnant. It intrigued me further that such a wretched thing could entice a man to begin with.  Then I found out she had seduced my beloved Stavros and I went looking for the child.  It was only later that I found that you had died, until, of course, you were reunited with Alexis here in Port Charles.”

Neither Sam nor Victor could believe her words.  “My mother seduced Stavros?  No, Helena you’ve got that wrong.  He raped her!   He was a monster, even his own son admits that!” Sam cried.  At the rise in his mother’s voice, that baby let out a cry.  Sam tried to quiet him.

“This is getting tedious.  Hand over the mother and child, Mr. Lord and you will get back your family.”

Victor looked at Sam, the full impact of what they were doing hitting him.

At the hospital, Blair took Todd’s hand.  “Hey you, it’s been more than twelve hours since they finished up your surgery.  Time to wake up.”  Unfortunately, Todd remained as still has he had been for all the past hours.

Viki came in.  “Blair dear, you need something to eat.  You’ve been here all night,” she pleaded.

“He’s not waking up.  Why isn’t he waking up?” Blair cried.

Viki came over to the side of the bed.  Looking down at her brother. She moved his bangs from his eyes and smiled.  “Because he’s…being Todd.  Stubborn, arrogant, not listening to anyone else.  You really think he’d be any different recovering from injury as he is when he’s healthy?”  Viki brushed aside a tear that was falling down Blair’s cheek.  “Tell you what?  I’ll sit with him while you go get something to eat, okay?”

That finally managed to get through to Blair and she left the room.  Viki watched as Starr put her arm around her mother and they both headed off in the direction of the cafeteria.  Then she turned back to her brother.  “Well, I never thought I’d say this, but you found a real treasure in that woman, Todd.”

“Yeah, but look how long it took me to realize it,” Todd responded.

“And to think, the news of your first marriage raised every eyebrow in Llanview,” his sister continued.  “I don’t know what she’d do if she lost you, so wake up and come back to all of us.”

Todd stood there, unsure of how to react.  He could still remember a time when he was all alone.  The man he thought was his father had died, completely disowning him, he had very few friends in the world and he thought no one would ever see him as anything more than a monster.  Now, he had the woman of his dreams, two great kids, sisters and a brother, nieces, nephews, hell, even in-laws he could tolerate. He reached out and put his hand on Viki’s shoulder.  “I’m coming back, don’t you worry.”

There was a knock on the door and Sarah came in.  “Has there been any change, Aunt Viki?” she asked.

“No darling, he’s still in the induced coma,” Viki told her.  “Did you want to visit with him?” she asked.

“If  I could,” Sarah replied.  Viki stood up and ceded the bedside to her, deciding to get a cup of coffee for herself with the time away. 

Sarah sat down.  “Know what I was thinking of while you were in surgery yesterday?  Your wedding to Blair and how handsome you looked.  And how goofy I looked.”

“You looked adorable,” Todd told her.

“I had on that stupid veil, which when I think of it now, was actually one of my mom’s slips.  And I borrowed Aunt Viki’s pearls,”  she was telling him.  “But you should have seen my attempt to tie CJ’s tie, which he ‘borrowed’ from Joey.  Thank God that he was able to fix it.”

Todd laughed, remembering the two little kids on that day, being a part of it for him because he was their uncle and they loved him. 

“I still have that picture of all of us and I thought you’d like to have it, at least until you wake up,” she said as she placed it at his bedside.  “I’m going to want it back and I’m also going to want another one when you and Blair get remarried.  And please, can you stop competing with my parents for most marriages to the same person?  It gets ridiculous after three, alright.”

Todd laughed again.  “Alright, I promise you, Blair and I will stop at four, but you need to get that sister of mine to promise as well.”

“I’ll even get mom to make that same promise,” Sarah swore to him, as if she heard his request.  The door opened again and Sarah looked up, smiling.  “Blair’s back.”  She leaned over and kissed her uncle’s forehead.  “Remember to tell her about our deal.”  With that Sarah left.

Blair sat back down and rubbed Todd’s arm.  “You’re making deals while I’m not here?  Shame on you, I want to be in on every deal with you for the rest of my life.”

“Anything for you, babe,” Todd said.

From in the tunnel behind the conservatory, John and Luke heard the conversation Helena was having with Sam and Victor.  Luke shook his head.  “Only Helena.”

John gave him a look.  “What are you talking about?”

“Only Hell’s Belle would think someone was trying to seduce her poor son,” Luke said.  “He was a sadistic bastard and the world is better off without him,” Luke said.  “Sorry, I know you’re Mr. Law-and-Order, but that’s the truth.  I’d throw him down a hundred more staircases to make sure he was dead.”

Then they heard Victor’s voice.  “Where is Tea and my son?  You bring them here so I can see them before I do any hand off!”

Helena smiled at him.  “Very well, Mr. Lord.”  With a clap of her hands, Heather Webber entered the holding the baby, while Allison Perkins held Tea by the arms.

Tea could not believe her eyes.  Victor was standing right there in from of her, a gun in his hands pointed at Sam Morgan and her son.  “Victor?” she asked and made a run for him.

That was when a gunshot went off.       


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

2 comments:

  1. Can you consider letting Tea die then Victor might have a chance of becoming a better human being. No matter what Helena needs to go.

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!