WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The End of Blame: Chapter 10

"Sam, come on inside and get a shower to get that sand off.  Don't go into your bed, or the sand will bother you later."


Sam listened to Viki and went directly into the shower, leaving his Sponge Bob swim trunks on the floor, as if he just stepped out of them.  His swim shoes were strewn at opposite ends of the bathroom, in the same places that he kicked them off.  Viki said, "Be careful in there.  After you shower off, you can take your bath."


She turned to the nun, who was just seeing little Ray's eyes close.  She said, "He's an angel, this one."


"Yes, he is," Viki said, turning to the window and staring out a while.  Sister Rebecca Katherine said, "I know.  I love him as well."


"Who, the baby?  Oh, yes."


"No, the baby's father."  The nun said.  "He's quite the sad one, isn't he?  My heart breaks for him.  As earlier today."


"What happened?  When John came to us on the beach, he did not say much."


"Todd was on the floor in his room, and Blair was holding him.  He had a nightmare, again.  Clearly, it was about his torture, and most likely his abuse by that sick man Michael Leona.  Or, he also may have been thinking of Peter Manning.  Either.  Very much the same."


Viki said, "My poor brother," she choked back tears, "He doesn't need this.  Not now."


"It's going to be all right.  Blair is amazing with him.  She knows a great deal of what he needs.  Her instinct to bring the baby to him was perfect.  It brought him right out of his pain."


"He needs to have a break.  Can't life just go well for him, just once?  Hasn't he paid enough?"  Viki began, "I don't understand.  It just seems they need a break."


"I believe he has paid, and yes, they need a rest.  But we can't control what life brings us, only how we handle it.  I do wish the Good Lord had seen fit to let him forget, but that's not the way it goes.  In fact, something tells me he is fighting remembering more."


"I wish I could take it from him.  He has had more than his share.  First, the eight years away from everyone he loves.  The second kidnapping.  The memories.  It's got to stop sometime, Sister."


"The Lord will bring him peace, I know.  It will take some time, but He will see to it."


"I hope you are right.  The poor thing."


Sam walked out of the bathroom, a towel around him, and said, "You're talking about my Dad.  He's having nightmares again.  He told me.  The Green Goblin was trying to take me away from him.  The Green Goblin is mean,  Jack said that the man who took Dad those times wanted to cut him.  Is that true, Aunt Viki?"


Viki was stunned.  And something unrelated occurred to her just then - the boy loved Todd to the point of idolatry and never mentioned Zeus any longer.  She said, "I don't know Sam, you probably should ask your mother about it."


Sister Rebecca Katherine said, "Now, Lad, ya must not worry about this.  Your father wants ya to be happy and strong."


"I am happy and strong.  I just don't like my Dad sad and stuff.  I hope that guy is dead."  Sam had an angry face and folded his arms.


"The man is dead, Sam.  But we must remember, we cannot wish ill on others, regardless of their transgressions.  We must forgive.  That is important and part of being human."


"I don't want to forgive that man."  Sam said, sadly.


"I understand how you feel, but wishing him death is not right, either.  Only God makes those decisions."  Sister Rebecca Katherine said. 


Sam said, "So, did God make the decision for the man to die?"


Viki and the nun caught eyes.  Sister Rebecca Katherine said, "Ya might say that.  Your father was given the will to fight for his own life.  God gave him the strength, and you, and Jack, and your mother, and Starr."


"And baby Ray, and Hope?"


"Yes.  Them, too."


Sam's face twisted into a little grimace as he cried.  "I don't want my Dad to die, or be cut open, or to yell a lot.  I want him to be okay."  He sniffled.


Sister Rebecca Katherine said, "Oh, Little One," and Viki took the little boy in her arms.


Viki said, "It's all right Sam.  Your father is very strong.  He will be fine, now, you must believe that."


"I want him to be happy and play with us in the park again, like he used to."


"He will, darlin', he will."  Sister Rebecca Katherine said.


***


Todd and Blair stepped off the plane and found themselves in the middle of a lovely airport, different from any type of airport they had ever seen before.  The surrounding town was beautiful, with stucco buildings and the harbor calling to them.  She said, "It's beautiful."


"Let's just hope we find our son," he said, and saw his phone light up with a missed call.  The number was one he did not recognize.  In checking his messages, he said, "We don't have far to look.  He's called, he is at the police station."


Blair hugged Todd around the neck.  "Oh my God, Todd, it's going to be all right!"


"We just have to find our way to the cops and we're good."  John, coming toward them, asked what the happy faces were about.


In hearing the outcome, he said,  "Seems we have little to do then.  I think I'll hop the next flight back to Athens and wait for you there.  You don't need me any more, it seems.  I can catch up on my own sleep and make contact with Natalie.  The jet lag is killing me.  Are you two okay with that?"


"Yeah, we can handle it from here.  If we need, you we'll call.  Sorry, John, this put you out."  Todd said, extending his hand.


"Don't mention it.  The least I can do.  It was a nice flight.  I kept Blair company while someone slept."  And with that, John McBain headed back to the airport center to take a flight back.


Blair said, "I can't believe we're going to see him again.  I missed him."


"I did, too."  Todd said.  Turning on the GPS on his phone, Todd typed in police station and attempted to get a path to it.  After fiddling with the device a few minutes, he said, "I think I've got directions.  Let me call the number back, though, just in case he's still there and we can talk to him."  He dialed.


The voice on the phone was Greek.  Todd said, "English, por favor."


Blair rolled her eyes, "Todd!  This isn't Mexico."


He covered the phone, "Sorry, I forgot."


"English, please.  I'm American."  Blair saw him listen closely as another voice came to the receiver.  "Yes?  May I help you?"


"You speak English?  Great.  I'm an American, looking for..."


"Your son?"


"Yes."


"He's here, give me a moment, please."


He looked at Blair and said, "He's there.  Supposedly."


She rested her chin on Todd's shoulder.  In a moment, a familiar voice came to the line.  "Dad?"


"Jack?"


"Yeah, it's me."


"Son, we're coming to get you.  Mom and I are here on Zante."


"Good, I'm glad.  I'm sorry, Dad, really."


"You'd better have a good explanation for all this."


"I don't know if you'll think it's good, but I do.  I'm really sorry though, I tried to let you know I was okay."


"We'll talk about this later.  Stay put, we'll be there as soon as we can."


"Thanks."


"Here's your Mother."


"Jack?"  Blair said, doubting until she heard his voice.


"Yeah, Mom, it's me."


"Oh Jack!  Are you all right?"


"Yeah, Mom, I'm fine."


"Young man, I ought to let you have a piece of my mind."


"Well, maybe when you get here.  Just hurry, okay?"


"We're coming,"  she said.  Hanging up, she looked at Todd.  "It's over Todd.  Finally.  He's all right."


"I know, Babe.  Let's go."


Todd called a taxi and then using the GPS settings, they made their way to the station.  The ride was scenic and short.  Todd helped Blair out of the cab, and they hurried up the stairs of the station, and when turning the corner into the main office area, there was Jack, standing with his hands in his front pocket, just as Todd often did.  Blair couldn't help but run to her son and embrace him, with Todd not far behind.  "Jack!  Son!  I missed you!  I'm so glad you're all right."


"Mom, gee, I'm fine."


Todd let them finish embracing, and then said, "A hug for your father," and embraced him, hitting his back the way he usually did.  Pulling back he said, "I love ya, but you'd better start explaining."


They made their way down the stairs of the building, and he took them along the side to an alleyway.  "This, is my reason," he said, and putting his hand behind a dumpster, he brought out Orinia, who smiled sheepishly and said, with her lilting accent, "Mr. Mahnning, Mrs. Mahnning.  I'm already a very big fan."


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, and that is what makes us driven to write about them, read about them and pray that we can watch them.

      Delete
  2. I agree, this is why we love The Mannings. Too bad the show doesn't get that right now. Anyway, I put my two cents in for a change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said just what I felt! Thanks for this place.

      Delete
  3. I know!!! I want to see Jack, Lil' Sam and Blair on GH, so we can have storylines like these ones.

    ReplyDelete

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!