WELCOME

RELIVE the AMAZING DAYS of #OLTL, the MANNINGS, LORDS, CRAMERS and MORE! PLEASE leave comments for the authors, it gives them support and feedback!!!

Many thanks to our currently featured authors:

BF4L: Old Habits Die Hard ||| CIMZ: R.E.M. ||| Cloud: The Way BackThe Shadows FallBattle the DarkThe Fourth LifeThe End of BlameDiamond in the RoughHope from the OceanFailings of the FathersChasing the Monsters ||| Karena:TM Return ScenariosTo Journey's EndPort Charles ChroniclesTodd's SagaMemories UnlockedThe Mysterious Samuel Toddman (Reissue) • Who's the Real Todd? (Reissue) • Thomas Lord: Cloaked (Reissue) • Enigma (reissue) • Don't Shoot the Messenger (link) ||| MONICA ANN: Dance with the DevilThe Devil You Know ||| MARIA: Spidey Sam

TOTAL READS

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Message to the Readers from Cloud

Hello all,
Once again, I write to thank you for the overwhelming response to my books regarding the character of Todd Manning and of course, kudos as well to the other writers here as well!


I write this tonight to explain a little about my personal writing process.  I create a detailed plan for each book, and also outline how it reflects back on older books and feeds into the next.  Just out of respect to you, the readers, I want you to know that I am currently writing the 8th book in this series.  The Fourth Life is the 4th book (coincidentally) and the books do build on each other.


I share this information with you because many of you have asked me to do various things in the plot, whether in emails or in comments, and I must tell you that I don't write as I go.  Your comments don't fall on deaf ears, it's just that the books are already written by the time they are posted.  Each book is carefully plotted out before writing, and leads to the next one.  So, though I'd like to have your input on how the story should go, and enjoy reading all of your comments, the books are already written when published and lead to the successive ones.  


I believe that writing about Todd Manning will not be pretty, because his life is not.  He's a fascinating, imperfect character who leans more toward the dark side than the light, and therefore, his story will be complex, sometimes upsetting, but always have a redeeming quality somewhere along the way.  


I realize I could write a series of light books and then I get stumped.  I picture writing Blair and Todd as friends with another couple, maybe Shaun and Vivian, and have them paint the Evans' apartment, or plan a musical to raise money for Sam's school, or even have Vivian and Blair get a job while Shaun and Todd attempt to make dinner.  Unfortunately, that's not what I think makes Todd interesting or reflects the characters properly.  It's certainly not what has drawn us to Todd and Blair over the years.  It is difficult to write light stories for these two complicated and unusual lovers.


All of the events have a purpose, including causing conflict to resolve, and building future stories.  The purposes may be revealed in the current book or even down the road.  I love to write, love to read your comments, and appreciate all of the time you donate to reading.  I hope, fervently, that you will stick with me through this journey and enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed writing!


Email me at any time at kaycloud0110@gmail.com - and please, keep commenting about what you like and dislike!  I appreciate it all.


Sincerely,











*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Cloud is the author of several Todd Manning Novels here at The Real Todd Manning Fanfic Hub.  She holds a Masters in Creative Writing and is also a published poet.  


Your comments are 'payment' for the work of the authors. Our writers like to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment when you read.

1 comment:

Provide us with feedback, but be courteous in your comments and criticism. Thanks!